Need some guidance with this...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chaotic, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Chaotic

Chaotic New Member

I’m a long time lurker, but you guys have a lot of advice in here and you seem to like helping people out, so I’m hoping you guys can help me out as well. Well to start there is this girl in my drawing class that has caught my eye since the beginning of the semester. I’m pretty sure I caught her eye too because there have been times where I would look up from doing something at my table and catch her looking straight at me. I sit in the back, so she has to turn around to look at me since she sits a ways up towards the front of the room.

So, pretty much half the semester it’s been like this; I catch her looking at me, and she catches me looking at her. I don’t know, it was probably nothing, but I finally just said screw it and went and talked to her. For the rest of class we just talked about a number of things, and I made her laugh a lot. I thought things went pretty well, and I guess she liked talking to me too because now she sits next to me in class all the time.

So, the last few weeks have just been great you know. We’re talking all the time, making each other laugh, and I’m just really digging this girl. However, there have been times where I’ve been hesitant on asking for her number so I could maybe invite her out somewhere you know. My experience with the ladies is pretty much zero, so I’m trying not to mess anything up right now. So last week I didn’t want to keep waiting. We only have about 3 or 4 weeks left of this class, so I told myself I wasn’t going to wait any longer and I’ll just ask her after class and hope for the best.

We start chatting and walking to the parking lot after class, and at this point I’m about to ask her. Right before I was going to ask I hear her say “My boyfriend….”, and then in my head I just remember saying “SHIT”. I don’t even remember what she was talking about, but she mentioned her boyfriend and I just felt like... well, shit. So now I don’t know what the hell I’m going to do. I get these vibes from her all the time like she really likes me, and maybe I should just keep pursuing her, but in the back of my head I just keep thinking maybe I should just forget about it and leave her alone. So I dunno, what do you guys think I should do? Should I just give it a shot, although she has a boyfriend, or should I just forget about her? You guys know a lot more than I do when it comes to these types of situations, so I figured I’d come in here and get some of your opinions.

And if you guys want to know any other details let me know. I’m pretty sure I didn’t cover everything, was trying to not make this such a wall of text. Thanks.

2. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

Maintain a friendship with her, go after other girls and in time..if you two are really that into each other..things will happen on their own.

Don't be that dickhead friend that wants to just jump her shit AKA "Date her cause she is totally rad" because she'll get the vibe that you only befriended her to get into her pants.

Play it cool, continue life as normal..just open up with new girls and who knows, maybe you'll find a friend of hers that is as into you as you are this mystery chick.

3. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

If she played the boyfriend card she's either not interested in you or actually has a boyfriend. Hard to say for sure. Either way if you're interested in dating her and not being just a friend you can't continue maintaining such close contact.

4. poormanq45

poormanq45 OT Supporter

That means nothing.

Continue as you were. Don't ask for the number, just ask her if she wants to go grab a bite, at that moment. You'll get an instant response then

5. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

In normal people terms (i.e. not cheating whores) when a person mentions their significant other in a conversation, it means they're only looking to be friends with you.

6. poormanq45

poormanq45 OT Supporter

Fuck that. In normal land, if this person isn't making these actions up, this chick was hardcore flirting.

Or, she thinks you're gay!!!

7. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It doesn't look good. Here's why:

1) she has a bf = she's not interested and she was being polite and letting you know. On a side, note, more chicks should casually mention their bf right off the bat so guys don't waste their time

2) if she has a bf but she is interested, then she's not the quality of woman you're looking for anyway, cuz if she'll cheat with you, she'll cheat on you

Just use her as practice talking to chicks. And if she's hot, let other chicks see you talking to her and you'll get social proof (social proof is when other people automatically assume you're cool/hot/attractive/successful with women because of what's going on socially, ie. a chick walks into a bar and sees a guy talking to 5 hot chicks. She doesn't know anything about the situation but will assume the guy is desirable because 5 hot chicks are already talking to him).

8. wolfskymoon

wolfskymoon Guest

Be friends with her if she's cool, just don't expect anything.

9. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

What a bitch. She should of told you that earlier.

10. Cakes488

Cakes488 New Member

Normal land...LOL we're talking about men and women dating here!
    Perhaps she was initially interested...maybe something happened where she got turned off and............ bam the boyfriend line.

11. Chaotic

Chaotic New Member

Well I was leaning towards just keeping it as a friendship like Cobra suggested after she had mentioned the boyfriend. I do wish she would've mentioned it earlier too, it was weird how she mentioned him out of nowhere like that. The only thing I can think of that might have turned her off was probably being nervous at times just walking with her. Maybe that brief lack of confidence messed things up? And Falconer you do make a good point. If she would cheat with me then she would definitely do the same thing to me with another dude. I'm still kind of bummed, but yeah I guess I could look at this as practice.

12. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

I'm with Falconer and a few other people... I would continue to be friends with her... build your confidence, IE just talking to a girl. And obviously learn something from her since a sexual relationship will probably not occur. Then use that as a spring board to meeting more girls, like her friends... But i wouldn't even consider her a possibility after the BF comment... just my 2 pennies...

13. Cakes488

Cakes488 New Member

Well I'm glad to see that men analyze these wretched situations too! We have to accept we'll never figure out. We may make up all these scenarios in our head of why this happened or why it didn't and it usually turns out to be something completey different.

So you're never going to know unless you just ask her. I mean what do you have to lose?

It's never a good recipie to be "friends" with someone who you're attacted to and want to be with and they ain't into you....because there is an imbalance of power there...don't do it!

14. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

I would bet that she saw you were going to ask her out and threw that in there to avoid the awkward convo that was about to happen. I've done that before when I could tell a guy I wasn't interested in was about to hit on me :hs: Those convos are always horribly uncomfortable and then it's awkward next time you see each other.

Don't be too bummed though, she just may not have felt any chemistry with you or she thought you guys wouldn't be compatible for some reason (like kids, religion, hobbies, whatever) :dunno: There will be other girls.

15. Chaotic

Chaotic New Member

Ya, looking back on it now in retrospect something like this is probably what happened. I'm not too bummed though. Going to be going out to some bars with some friends of mine tonight and we'll see what happens. She is just one girl, and like you said, there will be other girls.

16. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

:werd: and fucking :superwerd: to the bolded.

17. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

Fuck yeah.. I remember way back in high school I knew this girl for a long time. Never knew she had a boyfriend and ate lunch with her everyday.