need some dsm help

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by NoVtecHatchy, Apr 28, 2004.

1. NoVtecHatchy

NoVtecHatchy New Member

i just aquired a 91talon tsi from a friend, he bought it thinkin he could afford to fix it but turns out it has more problems then originally thought, so he turns around and sells it to me for 500, 115k on the body, used tranny from japan direct, the bad cracked manifold, couple broken studs, just had a timing belt done but there is about 1in of slack so apparently it needs to be redone, needs oil to turbo line and coolant line, i bought the car because i work at an auto shop and i can do all the work myself, i just some places to get some parts from, i figured since i have to replace both lines and the exhaust manifold i might as well go up in turbo size as well, just wondering if anyone knew of any deals going on right now and had any advise on things i should lookout for that might need replacing while i'm doin all this other work

2. Dark-Hawk

Dark-Hawk New Member

Is it a TSi AWD?

Sounds like you have everything about right, usualy 2nd gear in DSMs is prone to getting fucked up, if you want to go with a bigger Turbo, get an FP Green, or something along the lines of that, anything from FP is great really, their URL is http://www.forcedperformance.net/ I'd also go with an ACT2600 clutch, light weight fly wheel, just build the entire car. lol; go to dsmtalk.com if you need help, they're kind of gay over there sometimes, the owner is an asshole, and so are a few of the mods, but there is some great information over there.

3. Kale

Kale Guest

If you want you can go to AL-ce.com and talk to a guy by the name of bstjnky (Boost junky) he knows a good bit about dsm's

4. HybriDSM

HybriDSM Active Member

FP Green is the baddest non-track only turbo out there. Its not something you just throw on when you're doing a timing belt and other basic maintenance. Moron....

You're probably one of the people stupid enough to get themselves banned from the talk... lmao.

If you want to upgrade to a better turbo, get a 16G. Slightly bigger than stock, but a hell of an improvement. Good turbo to use as something just a lil bigger than stock...

5. Nimble

Nimble OT Supporter

6. NoVtecHatchy

NoVtecHatchy New Member

little bit of an update, it is awd for starters, after getting it towed to my shop i redid the timing belt job, everything was all off but i think the valves are ok, fixed the oil return line leak, now all i really have to deal with is the exhaust manifold crack and the 3 studs missing, i ordered an evo manifold for 200 shipped, that should be arriving soon, will probably be putting on a little bit bigger turbo on it while i have the manifold off