Need some blazer/suit help..

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by interstate, Apr 18, 2008.

1. interstate

interstate New Member

Alright, to start, I'm tall and have a skinny but muscular build. I have trouble finding clothes that fit me well. I'd like to purchase a casual blazer/suit, that would serve different purposes..

I'd like the blazer to be slim-fit, black, and casual and light enough to wear with jeans. When looking locally, I found a couple that fit really well, but a sales clerk made a good point.. that I should buy matching pants with the blazer, in case I need to dress a little more formally. I'm not looking to buy an expensive suit. Anyway, both the pants that match those blazers are very baggy and really do not match the slim-fittedness of the blazer.. When I wear the blazer alone withi my jeans, it looks great.

This is the first 'suit' I'm looking to buy. I rarely wear formal clothing. Would I just have to buy the pants and get them tailored, or should I be able to find a better blazer/pant combo that is more of the slim fit that I'd like? How important is it that the pants match the blazer, in case I just get a blazer without the pants. The blazers are dark without very noticeable patterns.

I've heard good things about H&M, but I don't have one nearby. Next month I may be going to Las Vegas, so I may be able to drop by and see what they have available.. However, if they don't have anything I like or in stock, I'm not sure what to do. I'd like to have a nice, slim pair of formal pants to go with the blazer in case I need to dress up a little more than jeans.

Anyway, thanks for any help.

2. level99

level99 Guest

haha H & M ftw. although i dont think there is one in begas

3. interstate

interstate New Member

4. level99

level99 Guest

i c, didnt know they had 1 . i might have to check it out next time i go there. my mom lives in LV

5. Knucklehead Zoo

Knucklehead Zoo New Member

We has two.

6. interstate

interstate New Member

So.... any input on the whole suit thing, now that we have concluded that there is, in fact, an H&M in Las Vegas?

7. level99

level99 Guest

yea they only like 200 bones so u cant lose