Need some advice

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by jfall, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfall

jfall Active Member

Ok, so I've always had a fairly big frame but I let myself get fat a few years back. I was up to about 240lbs at my highest. I spent about 6 months dieting and doing 100% cardio and managed to drop down to the 187-190lb level.

I'm just wondering where I should go from here. I've lost quite a bit of fat and muscle mass. I don't want to be super skinny or really bulky either. I'm trying to go for a more athletic "cut" look. I still do have fat to lose, mostly in the stomach/upper chest area.

Within the last month I started to ween off cardio and and focus more on lifting. I'm doing probably 50% cardio and 50% lifting at present. Started to eat about 500-1,000 more calories per day as opposed to what I was eating when dieting. I'm probably in the 2-2.5k calorie/day range.

Not currently taking any supplements, other than a multi-vitamin.

What should I focus on at this point to obtain the look I am after? Should I continue to focus on cardio and drop another 10-15 lbs then start lifting? Or should I focus more on lifting (high reps, low weight) and get my cardio/definition that way?

5'8 @ 240
    [​IMG]

5'8 @ 187lbs
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  2. meervincent

meervincent New Member

eat and lift. you should be able to move into the lifting a fair amount more

and gj on losing the wieght

3. jfall

jfall Active Member

That's what I figured. I guess I'm just worried that if I start eating more I'll start to gain back the weight I worked so hard to lose

4. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

As activity rises, amount of (clean/whole) food taken in without gaining fat rises.

Principle is true, stick to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.