LGBT need some advice

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by InsomniacV, Oct 29, 2007.

1. InsomniacV

InsomniacV New Member

Hey everybody, whats going on? :cool:

I thought I'd make a topic and ask for help since theres something that's been going on and it's been bothering me for a long while. you guys seem to give the best advice out of all the other forums (JUB, chadzboyz, etc).

Here's the basic rundown. About 9 months ago, I met a coworker who was of the same sex orientation. He's completely out. If he hasn't told people, chances are people already know he's gay.. I mean, anybody with a decent gaydar can read this guy easily. He's sorta feminine. And honestly and bluntly.. not to sound mean or anything although it might come off this way.. he's also a straight up nerd. Not the good, cute, attractive kind. I'm talking about the geekiest nerd ever, the kind nobody wants to be friends with. The way he talks, the way he moves, the way he sounds, the way he laughs.... etc. Just by looking at him, you wouldn't think he is, but that's how he is. He's extremely good looking ..But it seems everybody points out two things, when talking about him. His big gaps between his teeth and his feminism/nerdism. More nerdyness then feminism though.

I'm not a shallow person and I know what people think of him, but I didn't care. People are people, and we're all different. Recently in the past 2 months, we've been hanging out and going to clubs. But as of lately, I'm starting to not want to hang around him because of one of his characteristic trait.. his nerdyness. It's so so shallow and so mean, I know. I guess the only reason I was friends with him cause i barely have any supportive / gay people in my life. thats why. But now, i've been starting to meet more people and they always ask me... "hey, what do you think of your friend?". and i answer. Then I ask the same and it's what everybody says... that he's really weird and a straight up nerd. like the kinds in highschool nobody wants to be around with, at all.

What am I suppose to do? Leave and stop talking/hanging with him? But thats so messed up.. I'd feel guilty for sure. Or do I try to "change" him for the better. Teach him to have more self esteem and confdience? (and get rid of the nerdyness) and maybe more masculine? But then again in a sense, isn't that wrong also? Changing people and getting rid of a characteristic trait? People say everybody has different traits, but he seems to have one that is disliked by MANY, MANY people

thought and opinions? or anybody ever have a similiar situtation and can relate?

2. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

If he is your friend why do you care what others think?

3. Kitler

Kitler Fabulously Gay

If you value him as a friend then stick with him.