Need some advice

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Homan, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

After putting in a new deck and a sirius reciever I have noticed that there is always a high pitch turbo like whine coming from the speakers. The noise gets a little louder and higher pitch when I increase the throttle, the noise is consistent to what my RPMs are. The higher the RPMs the louder/higher pitch it is. When I turn up the volume on my deck the noise also gets higher, the noise goes down when I turn the volume down also.

Anyone have any idea what it could be? Before I had a sony deck and there was nothing like this, after putting in an alpine deck and sirius reciever I started healing the noise.

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

the sirius receiver is actually, like you stated, turbo charging your system, this problem will go away if you install an intercooler.

but seriously, my guess would be something ground related, the varying degree of whine comes from the alternator, this is due to the fact of the ground locations

Ground all components to the same point. This will reduce the potential and should greatly reduce any noise.
    they should be already grounded to something that will make contact with your frame of course

OR

use a "ground loop isolator", available at nearly all electronics stores, or car audio suppliers. This device prevents a direct electrical connection between the two sources and will usually fix the ground loop.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.a...19341&Type=PE&Category=Elec&Gad=0&dcaid=17379

or you can be a pimp and get a stinger one :p

http://www.cardomain.com/item/STISGLI?ref=frog

3. Homan

Homan Unconquerable OT Supporter

thanks