Need Some Advice - Semi-Long

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by skitcy, Nov 30, 2005.

1. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Alllright not sure where to start this..

I'll cliff notes everything at the bottom...

Basically, I met this girl over the internet ( yes go ahead shoot me now ), since ages will be asked I'll go ahead and state them I'm 18 she's 16, we've talked alot since we met about 3 hours a night on average about all sorts of crazy things from personal to typical questions. I've felt we've hit it off really well, we both use webcams a lil bit ( not all the time ) so it can give you a bit of expresional and emotional feedback aside from what people type.

I've come to a dilema on whether or not to ask her if she's interested or maybe if we met up if she would be.. I have the opportunity this Saturday to go snowboarding with her and a few of her friends but I'm sorta straying against it since she's going with 1 other girl and 2 guys ( lifts fit 4 people ) and it might be sorta a bit akward situation..

Anyways, just asking OT what they think I should do and how I could approach it.. I guess im at the point where I wish I knew but I feel if I dont ask I might regret it because then I'll never know.

Cliffs:
    - Met girl on internet
    - Hit off well
    - Might be meeting up
    - Pursue for relationship or just stay as friends and never know.

2. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

How about you actually meet her and take it from there.

3. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

go for the snowboarding, other people around will make it less awkward rather than more

if you aren't introduced to them when you meet up, make sure to introduce yourself to everyone then just be friendly and everything will be cool

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

if i were you i would bring a friend too, because you dont want to get stuck looking pathetic if she doesnt drop her friends and ride another lift with you alone.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

btw, if you pass up the opportunity to meet her in real life, you should just stop wasting your time. There is going to be this moment of awkwardness when you both realize you have gotten fairly intimate on IM with someone you really dont know. Just ignore it and pretend like you have been friends for a while and it will pass.

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Important question: would one of these other two guys be the third wheel, or would you?

The fact that it's 2 girls, 2 guys total who are going, it kinda sounds like "double date" or something of that nature. Now if you want to talk about akward situations, try thinking you'll get the chance to make a move while one of these other guys (who she has known in person for longer, I presume) turns out to be all over her already. Suddenly you're left looking like an idiot, and/or getting one of the other guys pissed enough to kick your ass on the spot.

Doesn't sound like a promising situation to me, sorry.

7. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I'd have to say you are heading towards being friendzoned pretty quickly here. I think that when people talk a lot, especially on the phone or internet, a girl quickly puts you in the "Friend" pile. Most guys who are looking for a GF will make it known right up front that they want more than to be a pen pal.

I would not do a double date - and skiing, while fun, does not give you much time to get to know her personally; i.e., you cannot tell if you have any "chemistry" that would make you a couple.

It would be best to ask her on a date that gives you face time - like a coffee date or something - and make it clear that you want to be more than friends. If she's interested in you, she'll accept.

Generally double dates are really bad. There is someone else there to distract her, you may get ignored, you may get left behind, and any number of other problems. My personal feeling is that you have to ask a woman out relatively quickly - within 2-3 times of talking with her - and then get to know her by asking her lots of questions in a nice quiet environment. Movies, skiing, concerts, double dates... all bad ideas in regards to that.

How close do you live to each other? Another thing to keep in mind is that if a woman is really interested in you, she's more likely to try to come over to your house or meet up with you. Women "vote" with their feet, so to speak, and if they want to be around you (in person) then they probably like you. The closer, the better.

Webcams, email, phone ... not such a good sign. That is something they do with friends.

8. Yotes

Yotes New Member

I'd think skiing/snowboarding would be a great way to get to know someone. If they already go then you know they're gonna have fun, and you get plenty of time to talk riding the lifts.

9. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I think you're pretty much right on the friendzoned thing.. I've met other people as well but of course no interest so ya it did happen quick.. maybe ill sorta bring it up tonight or call or something we'll see.. and ill work out the snowboarding thing by Saturday for sure.

Thanks everyone, I guess im going to shoot for it and see what happens.. worse goes to worse I'll be single still n a little hurt.

10. red97gst

red97gst New Member

i read the thread title and thought it meant someone had questions due to their semi-long penor

11. helllooooo

helllooooo New Member

I'd say go for it. You and her can take a chair by yourselves.

What's the worst that's gonna happen? She doesn't like you as much as you thought, and if you try to make a move on her she'll let you know (body language, maybe even tell you) that she doesn't want you to do something or if she likes it. If she doesn't, fine, you'll probably never see her again after that weekend, and if you do, just be friends, it won't be as awkward as you think it would be if she denies you (unless you make it awkward by acting weird). If she does, you got yourself a girl.

12. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

read the other posts hellloooo.

but seriously bring a friend if you do go.

13. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

yaa totally.. well snowboarding got cancelled cause one of her friends can't go and doesn't want to go with her.. so the meet up will have to wait until later... I might get friendzoned soon but really it's no biggie.. Im starting to think anyways 30-60 minute drive to a girls house could be a bit of a hassle all the time :p