WEB need some advice for a shopping cart / service

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by quid, Jan 21, 2008.

1. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

need some advice for taking credit card transactions.

edit: Im no longer concerned with the shopping cart. unless anyone has any relevant info about one they use and like/dont like.

my question is. How can i securely take credit card transactions? Not a service like paypal where the user must already be a paypal member.

i have hosting, i have empty domains to fuck around with, my host has a variety of one click shopping carts. How can i securely take credit card transactions?

what service to people use to take them securely?

i need to be able to accept credit card payment. there will only be one product which is membership to the group, so it doesnt need to be wildly flexible, BUT, its for a group of attorneys so it's got to be pretty secure or at least look that way.

i have no experience with something like this, so im not even sure where to start looking. I'm hoping you guys with experience can point me in a direction. i know how to work with php so for script suggestions php is probably the best for me, or what service youve heard of or used and liked.

also these dont need to be free, but cant be paypal, google checkout etc. i need to be able to process the CC without the person signing up for a third party payment situation.

any help is really appreciated. :wiggle:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  2. andyf

andyf New Member

@quid :

My host offers me free shopping cart with hosting, you get cpanel/fantastico free of charge with shared hosting package from where you can install different shopping cart such as OS commerce, zen cart, cube cart etc... You need to configure your payment gateway which is very easy, If you are not much technical expert you can ask them for doing it for you for free.

You may visit my host at : www.webhosting.uk.com for their 24x7 Live support.

3. quid

while i appreciate the response, im more curious as to what people use.

whats the most important to me is apparently the "payment gateway" i need to be able to take credit cards, but i have never needed to do this, and i have no experience as to the first step of doing it.

so if there is a service that processes the transaction then sends it to me

4. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

For my work we use Verisign which is implemented on an able commerce shopping cart.

5. quid

do you like their service? :dunno:

6. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

Yes, we do. It is very secure (that you can't even see their CC # when logged into the admin side), and very simple to use.

7. sdadlani

sdadlani New Member

I'm going to soon be using Yahoo Merchant solutions this can be found here:

http://stores.yahoo.com

They have a store editor/designer, but If you would like to go to for a more custom look you need to either hire a RTML coder, or learn the language. It shouldn't be too hard since you mentioned you are already familiar with some coding.

8. LOLZILLA

LOLZILLA New Member

yahoo?

:rofl:

9. andyf

andyf New Member

You can Integrate different payment processors like 2checkout, worldpay or authorize.net or even Paypal and you can choose from several and use as many as you want to. :)

10. Swift

Swift http://www.bounceweb.com

Hey quid,

I'm more than happy to set you up with a free account for a month to play around on. We have a bunch of shopping carts that install with one click. You can play, and if you want you can buy! This way you can actually break stuff and not care? :big grin: LOLZ to the max. I'll send you some details.

11. sdadlani

sdadlani New Member

?

12. quid

Would you happen to know what you guys are paying and/or what verisign calls the service. i snooped around on their site and they seem to have a name for everything.

13. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

14. quid

15. Comtrad

Comtrad Guest

16. quid

17. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

I process credit cards using service from www.cdgcommerce.com and it works very well. Unlike 2checkout, CDG is an actual merchant account. You handle transactions on your site, your name shows up on credit card bill, etc.

18. andyf

andyf New Member

2checkout charges more for each transaction as compare to Paypal.
    For me Paypal is more secure and more reliable, you will get notification for every chargeback made with paypal.

I vote for Paypal.

19. Wanderlei

Wanderlei New Member

You'll need to use a creditcard gateway. I used to work at one, Skipjack. They are fairly easy to use if you have much coding experience. Authorize.net is another creditcard gateway. They basically securely store the creditcard and send it out to the processor to authorize and settle transactions. Try googling creditcard gateway to see other available gateways.

20. quid

to send money through paypal you need to be a paypal member.... which is the total opposite of what i want.

21. andyf

andyf New Member

:( Sorry then :sadwavey:

22. MrBrotato

MrBrotato New Member

You can pay with Credit Card without having a PayPal account.