SRS need some advice (for a dating novice)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dukefan6842, Jun 26, 2007.

1. dukefan6842

dukefan6842 New Member

Ok, I'm 19 and she's 17. We've been talking for a little over a year but never dated. I took her out with me and a couple friends to a concert about an hour away over the weekend and she had a great time, at about 2am i dropped her off and left it with a hug, couldve kissed her but decided to save the first kiss for later (maybe i should have kissed her). The bottom line is i dont want to mess this up as i really like the girl. Anyways, my previous relationships have typically ended with a girl getting annoyed because i call her too much (like call her the next day after a good date and so-on) so im trying to pace myself here and im not exactly sure how to do that well. The show i took her to was saturday night, and she met me for lunch on monday, we just talked and then left. I couldve called her for lunch again today but chose not to as im told to try and pace myself more. I know im freaking out about this but i really dont want to screw it up. Anyways, whats a good schedule for getting a relationship like this going, should i call take her out every other day, only every weekend...i think im gonna take her to the movies soon, when should i plan the first kiss to be, when i drop her off at her place that night? right after the movie? some quality advice would be priceless.

Also is the problem that she comes off as being really innocent, i know that she doesnt drink, i drink alot. i dont know what she's done with a guy but if she'd never been kissed i would be terribly surprised. hard to explain i guess

2. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

Communicating through text messages here and there seems to be a good way of saying, Hi and What's up without being as "smothering" I guess as a phone call. Then again, those can get overwhelming too.. an ex and I texted eachother 3,000+ times a month, from waking up to sleeping.

3. dukefan6842

dukefan6842 New Member

that usually works ok for me too but this one cant recieve texts...

4. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Calm it on the lunches. Kick it up to a dinner at the end of the week, and just keep it at that. None of these other little get togethers, just do dinner friday or saturday night... See where it goes from there.

Make sure you plan the night though... :p

5. dukefan6842

dukefan6842 New Member

word. i feel that, and im pretty sure im not friended yet haha ive only been out with her twice, both times with other friends around and only once alone when i dropped her off. i can just tell that she's interested in me and i dont wanna f*ck it up. (and yes im pretty f*cking embarassed to be coming here for advice i just always end up sodding up relationships)

6. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

Follow Viper's advice on this one. I'm currently stuck in the very unhealthy habit of having my world revolve around her, it's hard but I'm trying very hard to break free of this.

7. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Don't waste your time with a girl that young IMO unless you just want a fling...she probably already friendzoned you though

8. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Head down to the vag dude....there's tons of great advice for dating. Read the stickies

9. dukefan6842

dukefan6842 New Member

yeah im at college, living at home for the summer, not really looking to keep it going after i go back to school in august (out of state), but it'd be nice to have a girl to take out regularly back home (over summer, winter breaks, etc...)

10. johan

johan Active Member

If she's into you, you aren't going to mess anything up if you oh my god dare to kiss her, esp. since you've been out several times already.

Make your move, or it's going nowhere.

If you refuse to make your move, you either are terminally shy or else some part of you knows that you're going to get knocked back.

Just make your move. Everything begins and ends with that.
    No more, no less.

Ppl who spend hours trying to craft an 'optimal' strategy --forget it!
    If she's into you, you can pretty much wiggle your lip and her and she'll bite.

11. dukefan6842

dukefan6842 New Member

werd. im pretty sure thats what i needed to hear. im goin outta town friday so i think im gonna take her to a movie thursday night & see what happens

12. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Please PLEASE don't listen to this. There is nothing more annoying and immature than the amount of text message young people send nowadays. If you want to talk to her than call her. You will regret it later using texts all the time when you start to notice a pattern of having whole conversations mover them.

Call her tomorrow and set up a real date. Lunches are more so for friends, and right now the way you are acting is going to get you friendzoned big time. You need to call her with a set plan "hey, lets go get dinner at ____ and then how about we see _______ at ___." She will like that you have thought this out, and it's an actual date setting so you can finally kiss her afterwards.

13. dukefan6842

dukefan6842 New Member

gracias chica

14. Tehrod

Tehrod New Member

this is lame, don't be so typical. Dinners are more like serious business and the last thing a 17 year old girl wants is the typical dinner and movie. Show her your wild side, you're older you should be filled with rad shit to do.

I think lunch dates are the best because first of all, they're not typical, most girls don't expect them and there's no better place to be then at a little cafe on some nice sidestreet during a beautiful day. Also, you can take advantage of some sweet lunch specials so you can afford to pay for both of you :hs:.

Secondly don't take her to a movie, that's fucking suicide. When I was driving home I thought of this rhyme( i flow when i drive it's fun :hs: ) particularly because I have been dating this girl for around 4 months now and I just recently went to my first movie with her and got no tail :wtc:

If you take your girl to the movies,
    you'll be assured of not touching her boobies
    sitting side by side, staring at the sky
    she'll be wishing you both could just step outside

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

and it's truth, you guys don't even get to talk or anything, it's the worst date ever. Take her anywhere but there, take her to a party or get some drinks and go to the hot tub or plan a pool party at night, take her strolling at the beach or walk around the art district in your city. Whatever you do just be together and be having FUN TOGETHER, sitting next to her idly while you contemplate grabbing her hand or whatever is the worst. Just take her out and show her a good time and she'll be handing you her hand. I mean seriously what is going to work better, a mildly interesting conversation over dinner for like 40 minutes, then a 2hour mute fest where you both do nothing, then you instantly want to kiss her after? it sounds tougher to me then taking her out joking with her throwing your arm behind her, bumping shoulders things like that. You want to show the most of yourself and prove to her that you can be social, fun, and inventive.

text messages are perfect imho especially if you're young. Just like someone said they're not like your smothering her, but don't text her stupid things like "Hey what's up?" text her things you just want to say but don't want to call. The best part about these are that you just kind of present yourself to her so that she's thinking about you. Don't overdue it with calls and texts though, text her when you wake up something like "woke up thinking about you this morning :]" or something but don't call her that day, shit like that. Remember being a dick works, but you gotta balance it out too.

show her attention, because she wants it, but don't give it all to her at once.

Best of luck and be spontaneous, shit goes sour when she can predict you.

15. dukefan6842

dukefan6842 New Member

:bowdown:

thanks, although ill prolly still hit up a movie sometime, im thinking the ice rink for friday night :)

16. whatever

whatever OT Supporter

trying to hard. stop. breath. relax. For many reasons you'll understand and some ya wont. Simple: dont blow your load of cash on a coupla dates. there as a college student you get that.
    try this out - Do you need to go shopping for something/ shoes? boxers/ tshirt/ bathing suit? something to get ya out shopping.
    now where ya go shopping is up to you but the idea is to get the interaction going... see if theres something.
    Sure its spending money, but its something you need anyways, rite?