Need Show and Shine Help...especially Mr.Scottwax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by SoSlowDx, Sep 25, 2003.

1. SoSlowDx

SoSlowDx The reason i watch The Price is Right

Ok i have a 2003 Black Mustang...Black seems to be a major pain in the ass to keep clean. I wash the car 1 or 2 times a week pending weather and how dirty the car has gotten..I wash the car with Mothers GOld Class cuz thats what my mom uses on her car and it does a good job. But waxing the car and polish im going to get the S100 stuff from my Harley Dealer..Whats the best way to apply all this goodness to my vehicle without it doing damage or swirls or stuff like that. I read about the MF towels for removal purposes can i also use them to apply aswell or whats another better way to apply.

Also i have taken a few road trips and bugs have now seemed to have molded themselves into my front bumper whats the best way to remove these bastards with out breaking out a spatula..

And my final problem i went down the beach a few weeks ago and parked the car in a parking garage not knowing the pool was directly above me until the next day and apparantly chlorine or sand or something that dripped down has left like 5 annoying puddle marks on my hood...I have used wax and paint cleaners and they havent left yet but are slowly disappearing...Do you think the s100 stuff will help and should i get some sort of wax first or just apply the s100 to the car??

Sorry for the long message...please help and dont direct me to some thread

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

What type of paint cleaners have you used? How heavy of a cut were they? I don't know that chlorine will even come out of paint, seeing that you're probably looking at where it ate away your paint, not necessarily a stain. I could be way off, though. Someone verify that for me?

Can't help you there. Every question (besides the one I answered) you posted has been asked here time and time again. Check the stickies and do a search.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I second EMT on the chlorine stains...you may not be able to eliminate them completely. Check through the first product list for paint cleaners and compounds that may work. Same with the bug guts. If they have etched themselves into the paint, there is little you can do.

Both S100 Paste Wax and S100 Shine Enhancing Cleanser come with detailed instructions on how to apply them properly. Follow them, they are accurate....but use MF towels instead of terry cloth for buffing off the excess.

4. SoSlowDx

SoSlowDx The reason i watch The Price is Right

Ok i got both the S100 products and did a preliminary job on the chlorine area and it actually worked for the most part..Only a very few tiny specs that are left over..Thanks for the Product help