Need serious help getting my soundcard to work!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Sanc7ified, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Sanc7ified

Sanc7ified New Member

Alright, at first i was using my onbaord soundcard with the correct drivers installed, my outbound works perfectly, but i get no inbound. I used my mic to try to get some kind of sound using windows sound recorded, nothing, ive tried using ventrillo, nothing.. I figured it was the Mic, so i used it on my other PC, works perfectly, so the Mic isnt the problem. I went out and baught a new sound card, installed the drivers, and i still have the same problem, i get outbound fine, but still no inbound, ive check all the windows settings to see if anything was muted, and everything is the way it should be. is there something im missing here? ive eliminated windows settings, bios settings, sound card, and mic. does ANYONE have any idea what the problem could be? PLEASE help me!

2. Sanc7ified

Sanc7ified New Member

for some reason, in windows volume control, it wont let me unmute both mic and line in, i have to have either both, or one or the other muted, shouldnt i beable to unmute both?

3. MercenaryForHire

MercenaryForHire only you know the real truth

Make sure your output settings in Windows are set to either 2 or 4-speaker. Odds are you have it set to 5.1, which will turn your mic input into Center/Sub output.

Also, in Volume Control, make sure you're adjusting the Recording level (Options - Properties)

Enable Advanced controls, and turn on Mic Boost if you still can't hear.

4. Sanc7ified

Sanc7ified New Member

I have my speakers set to stereo headphones, recording level is adjusted, and mic boost is checked.... ive been through all the settings, i really dont understand what the problem could be, its driving me insane! i baught i new mic and soundcard, thinking that would fix it, but it didnt do a damn thing....