Need recommendations for boots.....v.wide feet

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by ///M, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ///M

///M New Member

I got my Ninja 650R a week and a half ago, and got all my other gear a while before that. In town the Cycle Gear store (which has the biggest selection of all the shops in town) doesn't stock any of the bigger-sized boots.

My dilemma is that my feet are size 13 (14 sometimes, depending on brand), but are also wide. I normally wear skate shoes so it's not that big of a problem for normal shoes, but for riding I was wondering if any of you knew of any boots/shoes that typically run wider than others. I'm looking to spend under $250 if I can. Thanks :cool:

2. Monstrddg

Monstrddg New Member

You dont need specialized boots to ride a bike, if you think you do to fit the stereotype your a freakin' loser and dont deserve a bike. Just get some good leather boots with solid ankle support.

3. ///M

///M New Member

:ugh:

I've been wearing some normal boots but they are damn heavy and are too chunky to give me proper feel of the shifter (toe is too high). I'm essentially looking for shoes that have good ankle support and are available in wide(r) sizes :hsughno:

4. squid

squid braap

Seriously just don't ever post again.

The SIDI Vertigo Corsas have adjusters both in the ankle and across the arch of the foot. I don't think the latter does much of anything (I have a pair) but you could try running a bigger size and cranking down the adjusters?

I don't know of any boots that specifically run wide, sorry.

5. Monstrddg

Monstrddg New Member

6. Monstrddg

Monstrddg New Member

The man says he's got $250 and your tring to hook him up with a $400 pair of shit kickers that he's going to wear 3 months out of the year. Im sure your just a regular walking stereotype when you ride. The man is asking about boots, it doesnt sound like he's taking up bike racing for a career.

Seriously just dont ever post again

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  7. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

I think he was referring to the toe being too tall to get into the shifter, which I've experienced being a 12/13 wide.

First, I don't wear motorcycle boots so I can't help you there. But I have gone through 4-5 pairs of work boots over the years and can tell you that some of the cheaper brands have a stupid tall toe- and the only way to comfortably shift was to adjust the rearset. Can't go wrong with a set of Timberlands though, and only $100.

[email protected]

8. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

My feet run a bit wide and I found the Vega/Nitro boots fit me.

9. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

You can't get leather boots with anywhere NEAR the ankle support of some motorcycle boots. I've got a pair of Oxtar Supermoto boots that I wear for most of my riding, and have done a lot recently. I've also got a pair of combat boots that are all leather, I believe it's the design the army was using until recently... anyway, serious boots and they come well over the ankle. I lace them fairly tightly, too.

After having worn my SuMo boots for most of a couple days I put on the combat boots and they feel like fucking tennis shoes. In my SuMo boots there is NO WAY to roll your ankle over sideways - well, not without the boot coming apart first. There's also a much more limited range of forward/backward ankle movement than you would otherwise have. There's also hard armor over the ankle, so if you go down and the bike lands on your ankle you've got a decent chance of still having an ankle... try finding a pair of workboots that do that.

Do you NEED motorcycle specific boots to ride? No, but they do a lot better than workboots/combat boots/etc.

10. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Love my Frye's harness boots

11. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

3 months a year? Damn weather must SUCK where you live.

12. squid

squid braap

No no you're just trying to fit a stereotype! :mamoru: There's no need for ankle support when you ride!

13. ///M

///M New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (htc touch : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6900SP)

worthless fucking lurkers

14. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

15. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

16. ///M

///M New Member

how are those boots off the bike? is it hard to walk in them and such?

17. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

[​IMG]

these are the sport touring models I got. I've worn them all day walking (because I forgot my tennis shoes) and no problems.
    Since I don't hit the track anymore, I didn't see a need to get full out racing boots and I'm happy with them.

they have more racing orientated models
    [​IMG]

18. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

they took about a week to break in right but now they're very comfortable. they suck for walking in though... 17" tall, limited ankle movement forward/backward, and metal at the toe on the bottom so if you're not careful you slide your foot back when you're about to pick it up. I carry a pair of sandals with me when I commute to school in them.

19. ///M

///M New Member

Went to CycleGear today, noticed they're having a sale next Thursday on everything in the store (10-30% off)

I asked the kid working there if they could give me the discount now, they said yes, so I got a pair of Icon Superduty2 boots in size 13, very comfortable and they fit well. After trying them on and putting my Etnies back on it felt like I wasn't wearing anything because of the lack of support in the Etnies :rofl:

I also got a new helmet, a SevenZeroSeven Vendetta in matte black, XL. Apparently this is a helmet marketed by CycleGear which is manufactured by HJC (confirmed by looking at the tags inside the helmet). I decided to get one since I'd just been using my old autoX helmet the past few weeks, which fits a bit loose and is very top heavy and noisy.

MSRP on the boots and helmet, respectively: $89.99 and $119.99 + tax

I paid $185 after tax :bowdown: