Need printer purchasing help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bella Donna, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Bella Donna

Bella Donna Guest

I'm doing a little "research" for my company. We are going to be replacing an old HP 4v printer with something similar in capabilities: networkable, prints up to 11X17....

The new HP that corresponds to what we need is the 5100tn. Which is fine, a little pricey.. so I'm wondering if there are any brands comparable to HP. Our office strictly has only HP printers and has had pretty good luck with them so far. Is there another brand that we could justifiably spend this kind of $$$ on and be assured that it will last a long time like our other HP printers? Or should we just stick with our tried and true brand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

2. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

And Off-Topic is the FIRST place you came, eh? :naughty:

To answer your question, you might want to visit the HP website. I'm certain they'll have a list of comparables.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

We still have a couple HP 4V's in the office here with 200,000 + pages and still going. They are very good printers.

4. Bella Donna

Bella Donna Guest

I know they are good, we've had this one for about 8 years, it's just starting to cost a lot in little repairs.

And no, this isn't the FIRST place I tried. I just thought someone could give me an opinion based on their experience with other brands... isn't that the point of this forum?

And why would HP give me a list of other brands that compare to them?

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I'd stick with HP myself. Lexmark is also good, but I don't think there are many companies that can match the quality of HP printers.