Need opinions ...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Riconosuave, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Met this great woman over a year ago. At the time she was living with her bf of several years, but things weren't exactly going too well. Fast forward to now. Had not seen her in many, many months. Pretty much didn't think I would ever run into her again. Well, couple weeks ago, I ran into her. Not really sure what the situation is, but she is no longer living with her bf and has a place by herself. I asked her out. We went out and had a great time. She's a terrific woman, and I'm getting pretty good signals. We'll probably go out again, but the thing is that she is still in contact with her bf or ex or whatever. I didn't want to delve into her situation and didn't ask about it. She is the one who threw it out there. I don't know if they've completely broken up, just that they needed time apart. The last girl I dated also had ex bf issues, and eventually I was the one who got hurt. Not really wanting a repeat of what happened last time, yet I don't want to pass up on a great woman. What to do? Anyone been in similar situations and had everything work out great?

2. skelm

skelm New Member

Move on before you get too attached. If you are unsure then she musn't be being completely honest with you.. Be her friend for a while and see how things go...

3. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

It may be a moot point afterall. Here's this beautiful woman. I get invited into her place. I do not even try to make a move. She probably thinks I'm a chump. I'd say my chances of getting a call back are 50/50, if not less :( I generally don't make moves on the first date, which I'm beginning to think is idiotic. It's kind of pathetic.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Well, thats a very complicated subject. One thing is for certain, if the moment comes that she is expecting you to kiss her and you don't, your chances of getting another shot are diminished.

If you get the feeling she wants to be kissed you cannot hesitate. Seize the moment and make it happen! In her mind, the man of her dreams will not be scared to kiss her.

But if for some reason you go for the kiss and it doesn't happen, you can't get upset or feel bad. Pretend like it didn't happen or laugh it off then go for it again later. If she rejects your advance but you let her know its no big deal, that will go a long way to getting you back on track with her.

I don't think you have to make a move on the first date, but its very important that you are able to touch her casually and naturally from the very beginning. Your hand on her lower back while you are walking somewhere is a good first touch. Also while walking offer her the crook of your arm (old school style). Hardly any men do this anymore and women usually love it (and if she doesn't - you've learned something about her). You don't ask if its okay - you just do it and most of the time she will take your arm. Its also great because other people will know you are together and you will also get more attention from strangers which can only help you.

Lastly, if she invites you to her place then yes, you need to make some sort of move OR act like you are there for coffee or whatever then get the hell out when you are done. The worst thing you can do is hang around her place for no apparent reason and not get physical with her.