Need opinions on new Jeep Grand Cherokee...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Chadder007, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

There is a few deals going around here for Jeeps GC's at Invoice cost plus you get the 3000 rebate which is pretty good for a new vehicle with warranty....
    How has everyones experiences been with the newest models of Grand Cherokees? Should we get the Inline 6 or opt for the V8?? Which one will be more reliable?
    :)

(We can get a deal on a 2k4 Grand Cherokee 4x4 inline 6 limited with leather and all for $28,000....retails for like 34 or 35k)

2. Elusive

Elusive New Member

I had an '01 Grand and I loved it. Never a single problem with it other than I wish I would have gotten the V-8 option instead of the 4.0. The 4.0 is fine for small towing but if you need to haul a car or whatever it is some what underpowered. Other than that, not a problem with it. Both engines are very reliable.

3. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Unless you're going to tow the inline 6 will suit you just fine. Not a bad deal on that either for $28K.

4. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

How much real world difference is there in gas mileage between the two engines? They are both very close on paper but that never really compares to real world use usually. 16-21 vs. 15-20 mpg on the stickers.

5. We_Todd

We_Todd I'm a naughty squirrel.

get the 4.7.

6. pirate

pirate Track | DSLR | MTB

I have a '99 with the 4.7 but mine is slightly modded. 8" of lift, 34x12 Goodyear MT/Rs, still running the stock 3.73 gears and I can still beat ricers stoplight to stoplight. Its a much better engine than the 4.0 considering the mileage is about the same why wouldn't you want all that extra power?