MIL need on advice about joining + probation officer

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Priest Tango, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

im on 3 yrs of probation for a DWAI. my recruiter said that since my probo. is NOT supervised i can join, i just need "permission" (get dropped) from my probation officer. i signed the release form, and i guess everything checked out, cuz the recruiter is still trying to contact the P.O. now i need to speak to my probation officer, but for the past two weeks ive been calling her stupid bitch ass (excuse my language, but shes really not that nice of a lady :mad: ) for the past two weeks, and every time i call i get her voicemail, or someone picks up and says she just left for the day, or shes at lunch. i would go to the office personally, but thats not in my best interest (im already on thin ice at my job, and to see my PO i'd have to take a day off) i really think this lady is trying to fuck me over royally and is only holding me back at this point :mad: what steps do i really need to take? im ready to just walk in the probation office and have my words with her. but id prolly get fired from my current job, and i need teh moneys

cliffnotes: want to join the navy, ready to go, probation is a problem, cant get in touch with probation officer....WHAT THE EFF DO I DO?

help a brutha out :hsd:

2. Clix

Clix New Member

Get a better recruiter?

Im under supervised probation (although my P.O. doesnt give a shit, she never answered my calls/voicemails/ect for 2 months so I stopped calling her and she still never contacted me). Anyways my recruiter called her up told her I wanted to join and I got let off probation and leave for basic in less than a month.

3. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

You can be waived. It's much easier to get waivers for the Navy becauise they you put on a float for so long and trust that you won't get in trouble.

4. jung918

jung918 Member

Why not just call her supervisor?

5. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

ding ding ding...

Talk to your recruiter. If he wants to get you in that bad he'll go the extra step and if he can't talk to her he'll go to her boss and explain the situation. Sure she'll get pissed that he had to go over her head but it's her own damned fault for not returning calls.

6. scottiemac

scottiemac It's time to shoot some hot dogs!

:werd: Should be your best bet.

7. Clix

Clix New Member

:werd:

Thats why I really like my recruiter. He wanted me in so he took care of it. Now im off probation and dont gotta do any comunity service! :wiggle:

8. Priest Tango

after a couple weeks of calling, i finally got her [probo officer] to call me back. she [probo officer] left me a mssg :mad: so i called her [PO] yesterday, and she didnt pick up, so i kept calling back constantly for about 9-10 minutes, till she picked up. she put the paper work into the court system, and ill find out the results in a couple of weeks :big grin:

then i called el recruitor, and he said to come by on thursday, to go over a few things and then go for the ASVAB, so ill have something to show to the judge.

9. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Excellent! Good luck! :x:

by the way - there will be a piss test when you go to MEPS for the physical. Just in case you weren't sure about that... :hsugh:

10. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

Maybe the military needs like a sign on the front door of all recruiting offices.

"You can and will be tested for illegal substances"

11. Ranger-AO

:werd:

The first time I spoke with my recruiter he handed me a cup before I even left his office. He said he's been burned so often that he tests anyone that will be needing more attention than most. (I had a time constraint, wanted a specific MOS, etc, etc, etc)

12. Priest Tango

shit.......:wtc:

:hsugh: ive only "tried" marijuana two or three times, and had a couple beers at band camp once :hsugh: but seriously.....after my DWAI, i had to go to 10 months of rehab, with weekly piss tests, and ive been on probation during that time + 6-7 months with monthly piss tests. i dont think ill have a problem :hsugh: thanks for your concern though :)

13. Clix

Clix New Member

Good luck with the PO and the ASVAB!

14. Priest Tango

Well my PO put in the paper work to drop me completely off of probation, and I'm going today to take the ASVAB. I'm taking it in Garden City. I'm taking the paper version, because my recruiter said it would be better, I kind of just took his word for it :hsugh:.

15. Ranger-AO

Very cool.

Depending on how you do on the ASVAB questions, your recruiter may be right. If you are good at tests, the computer version would be better. If you aren't, the paper version is what you need.

On the computer version:
    • When you get an answer right, the computer automatically selects a more difficult question, which is worth more points.
    • When you get a question wrong, the computer selects an easier question next, which is worth less points.
    Good luck! :wavey:

16. Priest Tango

Thanks. Tests weren't my strong point during my short educational career.:hs: The math is what I'm really worried about. Do i get to use a calculator :o.

17. Clix

Clix New Member

No, but you get scratch paper. Id just say take your time cuase you should have more than you need. Its not hard but dont rush though it. Good Luck with everything.

18. Priest Tango

Well i'm going to the recruiter now, to fill out some paperwork, and then the test is at 5 :noes:

19. Priest Tango

i got an 85 or 83 overall. ill find out this weeks sometime what i got for each part

20. Clix

Clix New Member

I got an 86 so :bigthumb:

21. Priest Tango

my recruitor just called me and informed me that with my test scores i qual for the nuke program :eek5: the good points he made were: i go in as E3, and by the end of Aschool ill be E5. he said aschool would be two years (i assume that would mean a 6 yr contract?) i could only imagine what this could do for me when i get out :eek5:

we only spoke about it briefly,ill prolly go up to the RS after i get back from vacation. :dunno: what does OT think?

edit: i just spoke to my brother, and he jumped down my throat telling me to do it. he told me that if i re-enlist ill get a HEFTY bonus. and plus mad chedda' for pay.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  22. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

23. Priest Tango

ya rly!1~ :hyper:

[sorry i dont have a cool animated gif for that]

24. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

Let me tell you a few things.

I am a former Nuke.

You graduate Boot Camp as E3.

You must then attend a Nuclear Field A-School. There are 3 Designations. Electronics Technician, Electricians Mate, and Machinists Mate.

ET's are the Reactor Operators, they work on small electronic circuits etc and are actual in direct control of the Reactor at any given time.

EM's are the Engineering Dept Electricians. They are responsible for all the motors, Motor Generators, solenoid valves etc etc.

MM's are the Mechanics. They are responsible for the A/C, Water purification, engines, reduction gears, steam turbines, pumps etc etc.

I was a MM.

Once you graduate from your Nuclear field A-School (depending on rating determins your length), you are made an offer. You are offered E-4 (Petty Officer 3rd class). This has a catch however. In order to take your crow you are required to sign a page 13 which commits you to the Navy for an additional year (you initial term is actually 4 years, with 2 page 13s to sign later that give you 2 extra years for a total of 6 years first enlistment).

After you graduate your Nuclear Field A-School you go on to Nuclear Field Power School. This is a 24 week program which requires an average day in the class room of 0730-1630 with your standard 1 hour lunch. That's a standard 40 hour week IN CLASS IN UNIFORM! While there you will study a wide range of courses such as simple Algebra, all the way to Nuclear Physics, you'll study things like Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow, Chemical safety and Radiological Controls etc. Not only do you put in 40 hours in said class rooms, but you'll also be required to spend an additional 30-60 hours a week, yes that's a week on your own time, signed into monitored study. You must carry a 2.75 GPA the entire time. This is no picnic, and certainly not for the lazy.

After you've graduate from Power School you will be required to attend another 6 months at Nuclear Prototype training (currently all schools are in Charleston, SC). This is where you will learn how to actually work in the engine room. You will be assigned to 1 of the 2 decommisioned Nuclear Submarines at the sight. You will stand watches, and you will be given a "Qual Book" and told to complete the book. You will be given a deadline and you are also required to get a certain number of sigs a day as well as per week.

Once you finally Qualify at Prototype you're flagged for graduation. At your graduation ceremony you will be given your bonus, yeah that's right you waited 2 years to get your Enlistment Bonus, and it's taxed:o. You will also be given your assignment, whether it be Submarine duty or Surface Duty (volunteer subs and you not only have more duty assignment options, but you can almost pick where you wanna go).

At no point in any of this training will you be GIVEN E-5, if you stay in school long enough you may however be eligible to take the E-5 exam, but you will be required to actually pass the test just like any other sailor in the fleet. I normally don't say that recruiters lie, but if he told you that you were garaunteed E-5 you can tell him he's a Fat ass liar.

I graduated from NPTU and also went on to gain a secondary designation as a Nuclear Welder, at any given time underway on a Submarine you are required to carry 1 certified welder who in the event of an emergency can perform underway emergency repairs to the plant to return the boat to port.

That's just an idea of what you're considering. You will only be E-4 when you get to your boat. If you go Subs you're required to Qualify Subs, and you're given a Qual sheet and a deadline and told "Get it done nub".

25. Priest Tango

wow someonenew :eek3:. thanks for the info. i know its not as simple and straight to the point as the recruiter told me. he called tonight, and we spoke for maybe 5 minutes, 10 tops. i have somewhat an idea of how the whole recruiting process works. i know that he told me all the plus sides of the opportunity, in hopes that id would sign on under that. i spoke to my brother about it, and his opinion is that this recruiter is not gonna let me go off and find another recruiter :eek5: because this will look great on his paper work (having someone enterin the nuke field) and the navy is "shorthanded" in that whole field, and the navy will do alot to keep me with them. but right now im only going by alot of hearsay and false hope.

thanks ALOT for the info, i know my recruiter wouldnt tell me that till after it wa a biiiit to late for me to back out. im going to the RS tomorrow to see whats up with this whole deal, ill let you all know.