Need new tires, where to go?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by popsnbeer, Aug 25, 2008.

1. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

2006 Dodge Dakota.

I need new tires for this truck. Right now it has 245/70/16 on it. I have hated these stock OEM tires ever since I drove it off of the lot (Good Year SR/A's). They never seem to stick to the pavement and are horrible in the rain.

Although the truck is 2wd and pretty low to the ground, I would rather get a more aggressive tread than going w/ just a street tire this time. probably an AT style. I do a lot of dirt roads for outdoors (camping, fishing, etc.) and would like to feel that my tires wont hit a rock and get a sidewall and go down on me.

Looking at some of the 4wd dakota's, they fit 265/70/16's on them fine and I was thinking about going up in size too. What are your guys thoughts?

Where should I go to get these. Normally I go to Big O. Everytime I walk into discount the idiots don't know anything and I would rather not deal with that.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

BFG AT KO is a great all-around AT tire that rides well on pavement. The BFG RT is less agressive if you are like most people where you spend 99.9% of your time on teh pavement and a dirt road to you is just a dirt driveway.

3. Pavester

Pavester New Member

i have cooper all terrains :dunno: work well, never gave me any trouble in foot deep mud