Need new running shoes V.15862612

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Sylva, Oct 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sylva

Sylva New Member

My first pair I was looking out was the New Balance 8505, I have always loved NB shoes, but usually the style is a little lacking. Now these shoes look decent and hopefully still perform great like all NB shoes have in the past, has anyone bought a pair yet? Thoughts? Experiences?

[​IMG]

Second pair was the something from the Nike+ line up. They are the shoes that you can sinc with your ipod and use to keep track of how far you ran, time ect ect. Helpful for people like me that don't run on a treadmil that often.

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,grid,_grid,f-26005+22004+10002&sitesrc=USPL#l=nikestore,grid,_grid,f-26005%2022004%2010002/ip-100/pn-1&re=US&co=US&la=EN

^^^ Link to Nike+ Shoes and products.

Users? Thoughts? Experiences?

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Go to a running store, and why would you buy running shoes for style?

3. Sims.0

Sims.0 New Member

im also a big fan of new balance shoes, but as for the ones you posted i would never want to run with a shoe carrying all that heavy plastic on my feet. Stick with one of their basic models is my suggestion.

4. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

I work at a Running Shop at Dick's Sporting Goods in Footwear.

Those shoes are the equivalent to Nike Shox. If you are taking running seriously, I don't see why you would buy those Or the majority of the + line.

Try some Mizuno's or Asics, the New Balance 992, 1222(depending on your foottype), the Nike Pegasus, Equalon. Brooks Adrenaline, Saucony Trigon Ride.

I mean, it depends on if you have a neutral foot, if you overpronate, have firm arches, etc etc

5. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

Go to a running store that will help you with your foot type, and let you try out a few pairs, and jog outside around the store. Good ones will even let you exchange them after you take them home and go on a full length run.

6. TracerBullet

No way anyone can tell you which one is "better" or "best". There is no such thing in running shoes.

7. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

The reason I have problems with New Balance is because usually the representatives truly "represent" what the business is all about.

And they're second to Nike when it comes to them stopping by and seeing how their better looking shoes are doing, instead of wanting to train us on how their better performing shoes are doing. Basically he comes in every few weeks and asks how the 8505's are doing compared to the piece of shit Nike 360's.

I understand it's more of a personal issue with the company, but although New Balance has been around since the beginning of running shoes, I don't see them going in the performance direction lately.

8. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

Not necessarily.

If you know a foottype, you can determine the "best" shoe suitable for their foot.

Which shoe has MORE support, or MORE cushioning.

Now if they want to deny the above, I usually let them buy their shit shoes, because we had them in "pink"

9. TracerBullet

I wasnt fucking talking about color... You sound like a fucking horrible shoe salesman. :ugh: The best running shoe is different for every individual.

10. TracerBullet

Obviously an overpronator wants a shoe with motion control designed for overpronators , but there are many choices in each category that is a matter of personal feel.

11. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

Chuck Taylors

Stop arguing you faggots.

12. H0|y 5h17

H0|y 5h17 l3 L 0 W N

Ive had much success with asics and mizunos. I run distance, so those are my recommendations.

13. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

Moderate support, moderate cushing, maximum support and maximum support, it was implied that you knew there were more choices :mamoru:

14. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

Sir "given that you tend to mildy pronate, a better choice than the shoe in your hand which is designed for more cushioning needs, would be the 2110"

Sir " It would seem to benefit your joints, given that our computer determined you OVERpronate, that the best choice between the 2110 and the Kayano, would be the Kayano, because it offers MAXIMUM support, you could also try the Mizuno Nirvana, it is also a maximum support shoe, but is actually lighter and in my opinion more breathable than the Kayano, maybe you can try them on and see which shoe you like better."

I think what you meant to say tracerbullet, was among the shoes that were SPECIFICALLY FUCKING DESIGNED FOR THEIR TYPE OF FOOT, it's up to the person's opinion to decide which is best for him.

15. TracerBullet

You're right! My posts clearly indicate that I don't recognize that certain classes of shoes are made for certain types of feet! The fucking point is that it's still different for every individual.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  16. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

yeah, those suck too, almost as hard as the 360's

17. themadpaki

themadpaki There is no money. OT Supporter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.