Need new Cell Phone with Verizon....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Chadder007, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

My contract is up from the 2 years I have with Verizon and my phone is starting to fall apart....what is the best way to upgrade to a newer phone while I already have service. I see online I can get the e815 in places for like 20 dollars but that always includes a "new" activation of a Verizon account. I talked to Radio Shack and they said that you have to have your service canceled for 6 months for them to consider you a new account. Otherwise its like 159 for the e815.

Soo...where does everyone get good deals on upgrading their phone while keeping the same service?:hsd:

2. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

Its called new every two. Go to a corporate Verizon dealer and say that you want the new every two deal where you get $100 off of any new 2yr contract price (so the e815 would be like $50 or maybe even free depending on the 2yr contract price listed).

Don't ask me what a corporate store is or else I will laugh at you.

3. Chadder007

I went to my local corporate Verizon store also and the girl there said the $100 off is only off of the FULL retail price of the phone and not off of the current promotional deal. F*#@@* b*TC* And also that the 50 dollar rebate was only for new activations.
    Anyway, I just went to Verizon's website and signed up for the online account management and found I can upgrade to the e815 for free! :bigthumb:

I guess they are commission hungry around here at the B&M stores.

4. kungfuwoo

kungfuwoo New Member

sounds like you either didn't go to a corporate store or the girl was an idiot.

Direct fulfillment (what you did) is pretty good too. Enjoy

5. BradBell

BradBell New Member

I am pretty sure that you should be offered a $100 rebate on a new phone when you renew your contract with Verizon. Have you tried going in to a Verizon store or just online? Also, the new LG VX9800 is out. This is definitely the phone you should look into. So Bad A$$. Camera, QWERTY keyboard, bluetooth, it has got everything.

6. Chadder007

Holy crap that phone is awesome!!....can't afford it though. I went ahead and got the e815 online for free on Verizons site. :)

7. BradBell

BradBell New Member

I was thinking about doing the online deal as well, but I think it is worth it to save up for the 9800. The phone is bad a$$.