Need input on a situation....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BlazinBlazer Guy, Oct 5, 2005.

1. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

OK, so not to sound like the cliche beginnings of the typical vag thread, but I can't help it -- and sorry, no cliffs provided:

There's this girl I've known since high school (so probably ~7 years now), who I've always gotten along well with. During high school, she had many boyfriends on and off; I was never one of them. However we were still good friends, went to lunch together a few times, always flirting back and forth kinda. I had a few opportunities to try to take something further, but never did because she was dating at the time.

Since high school, we've barely seen or talked to eachother, just because we've both been busy. Whenever we do see eachother though, she's always got a big hug for me and is really friendly. So, let's fast forward to a month ago.

I was talking to her on AIM one night, and she mentioned that she'd broken up with her boyfriend who she'd been going out with for ~2 years, since the last half of our senior year. At the time she was hoping they'd work it out, and I didn't get a chance to talk to her again until last night.

So last night, she sends me an IM, and in typical fashion we just started talking about random stuff. I asked her what happened with her BF situation, whether they ended up back together. Somehow she interpreted that I was asking her why they broke up, and said "He thought I slept with another guy... which I didn't. Now his family hates me, but we're still just friends. He's cool about stuff now." (To interject, I will say that I know this girl better than to think she'd ever cheat like that.) I just cleared up that I wasn't asking that since it isn't my business, and we continued talking about stuff that we've always both been interested in, etc. She ended up the conversation abruptly though, saying "I'm gonna go get some sleep.... it was nice talking to you." No goodbye, nothing.

Now, my dillema is, that I've always regretted not trying to take things further with her in HS; and it seems like now is my perfect opportunity since I know for a fact that she's single.... and she's still one of the nicest, most sincere girls I know. However, if I do try to say something, I don't know how I should go about doing it -- or more importantly for that matter, if I'd just be setting myself up for problems by getting involved with her.

I guess just after thinking over how things went down, I'm not sure what to think/say/feel about this. I still care about this girl, but I'm not sure if being "out of contact" for so long has killed, or improved my chances, or if the circumstances around her breakup make it so that a subsequent relationship is doomed from the start. Not to mention that I don't know how to interpret the fact that she volunteered the information she did to me, or how she ended the conversation last night.

I guess I'm just kinda confused about this whole thing -- hopefully someone here can help me sort it out and decide what to do.

Thanks in advance, OT Vag :hs:

2. Reign

Reign Banned

Doesn't really sound like she's interested, and sounds like you'd only be/are a doormat. Move on.

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

I kinda thought that might be the case.... wasn't sure though. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

....except in my case I've never won some.... :hs:

4. Reign

Reign Banned

Eh, just go start talking to every girl you find attractive, in the long run if you count, you'll probalby go out with/have lunch with 1/5.

5. afterShock81

afterShock81 If I could only have one food for the rest of my l

yeah, it doesn't really seem that she's interseted. I feel for ya......i've been there.........wait i'm still there.

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

That part isn't a problem. I seem to be able to find female companions for lunch on a regular basis; usually though they then say "my bf..." or they turn out to have :hsugh: personalities. The ones with preexisting boyfriends are my own fault though -- that's what I get for talking to girls in my classes. They always just end up wanting to study :rolleyes:.

7. BlazinBlazer Guy

Yeah it sucks.... I don't know why I am so bad at this stuff, I've just never had good luck finding girls who are both available, and have personalities I can stand. Hell my standards physically aren't even THAT high; as long as she isn't just blatantly FAT, and her face isn't mangled, I'm cool with it. Sure I have preferences and "ideal" traits, just like every guy, but I'm VERY picky about personality -- and that seems to kill me every time.

I don't even count it that I've ever been on a date, either. I can usually read people rather quick, so it's just friends/acquaintances having lunch together on campus.

8. BlazinBlazer Guy

SwissPrince, that sounds like a feasible plan, but would it really be worth it?

Not to mention, the physical barriers you're describing have already been crossed with us; back in H.S. we always horsed around somewhat, so I doubt the touching you're talking about would phase her at all. If anything, I'd have to express the thoughts verbally, which suddenly becomes much more difficult.

I dunno :hs:

9. fighted

fighted OT Supporter

yeah, i think if you are good friends things like light touching wont do anything, i tend to do that with female friends i am and am not interested in.

10. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

I stopped reading at 7 years.

Look, you either make a move on a woman when you meet her or you don't. You didn't. End of story. Find someone who is hot for you.

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

I've got a suggestion for you -- keep reading and don't be a jackass about it. There is no "permanent, always true steadfast rule" where this stuff is concerned.

12. BlazinBlazer Guy

Well,

13. BlazinBlazer Guy

:o damn no editing....

Well, that brings up the next question: How do I bring it up verbally, if it gets to that point? :noes: