Need Home Entertainment System that can connect to comp?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Origyns973, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Origyns973

Origyns973 New Member

So I'm looking at getting a home entertainment system for my apartment. But I also want to be able to connect my computer to it so I can listen to music through my system from the computer. Primarily I'm looking for a good quality surround sound system i.e. Harman Kardon

2. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

all you need is an audio out on your sound card and a audio in on your receiver. hmm how many have those?? :bigthumb:

3. Origyns973

Origyns973 New Member

Well what surround sound system can you recommend that delivers really good high quality sound? I have ~400-500 dollars to spend

4. jigga

jigga while your gun's raisin, mine is blazin

actually.. u're wrong.. well.. kinda...

make sure that the receiver has an auxiliary (AUX) input. a lot of the newer models will not come with one and if you try to plug your computer to any other input it wont work.

5. jigga

jigga while your gun's raisin, mine is blazin

what kind of sound card do you have anyways? is it a 5.1 or better card?

6. lowfat

lowfat 24/Mac/SciFi/PC Crew OT Supporter

I am using a Logitech z-680. amazing system. 5.1 DTS/DD/Dolby Pro Logic 2/THX certified. 505 wrms, which is f-ing loud. It has a optical input, coaxial input, and the regular direct 6 channel input. By far the best money i have spent on parts for my computer.

7. tau

tau Guest

Same here. Recently came in last week. The only letdown I've had so far is that I can't play it at normal/default volume levels late at night or too early in the morning as it pisses the other residents off. :wtc:

8. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Why would you need all of that stuff inputted into the card? You recording your own 5.1 soundtrack on the computer or something?

9. Shaggy007

Shaggy007 New Member

You can actually connect any regular home theater system to a computer as long as you get a media adapter connected to your tuner. So you can get whatever Home Theater system you want, have a great set up for your tv, cd, and dvd player. Hook one of these up to it and you can listen to whatever mp3's or wma's you have on your computer.

You can even get them wireless so you don't have to have cables running around from your computer to your home setup.

Right now Netgear, HP, and Linksys are makin these suckers. And they cost about $120

10. Origyns973

Origyns973 New Member

Well I'm all for getting a new sound/video card along with the system I just want to find a surround sound system so I can play my music through it from the comp.