SRS need help

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amac88, Jun 23, 2009.

1. amac88

amac88 New Member

Im 21, graduated HS, have one year of college experience. I hated what I was doin in college, so I moved, and started automotive school. Now, after being fired from my second auto job in 3 months, Ive realized that workin on cars every day isnt really for me. But I have no idea where to go from here. My fiance Tiffany just told me she wants to postpone our wedding til 2011 after Ive had a job for a year cause we gotta save up. Do you think itll take THAT long to save up $2-3 grand (parents will help out)? I dont. But she just wants me to have a steady job for a year or so. I dunno what to do now, I thought things were going great at my job, then I made one small mistake, and got fired. The last time, I got laid off cause they didnt have enough business.

I feel like I cant do anything, like there is nothing out there that I could see myself doing. I would go back to school, but I dont wanna be wasting time like I did three years ago, where I was failing classes, and not really motivated. I feel stuck, like I cant do anything. I certainly dont want to lose Tiffany, I love her more than anyone, and I want us to have a good future together. What can I do?

2. jim1234664

jim1234664 New Member

you kind of shot yourself in the foot by being 21, engaged with no education or skills. I would say no matter what you do there is no quick fix and its going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

Do some soul searching then go back to college

or

get a full time job that you might not like and suck it up

or (what I would do in this situation)

Go to work full time doing w/e (auto mechanics arent highly paid anyway) take some night classes of gen eds over the next few years, then by then hopefully you will know what to do and start taking major classes

I dont support the idea of getting married this early especially when no one is settled into their careers, but you are going to do what you want to do