Need Help *XboxLive/Computer Crew help please!*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RenesisRotary, Jun 9, 2005.

1. RenesisRotary

RenesisRotary New Member

Need Help *XboxLive/Computer Crew help please!*
    Alright, So I recently purchased an Xbox, 9 games, 2 controllers...for $207

Fast foward, I went out bought 12 month sub to Xbox Live, wireless motorola router called the "wireless net set"... Anwho, I hook it up properly, follow all the instructions... and now it says my computer isnt connected to the internet..

I took the ethernet cable out of the port in the back of the modem, hooked up into the router in the port that says "Wan"...then I took the other ethernet cable plugged it into "lan1" and the other end into the computer.. I ran all the stuff on the CD that came with router..But when I try to open firefox after I hook up everything.... I get nothing.. The router says its connected, as does the modem..Help??!

As for the Xbox Live Crew, I hooked up the xbox to the back of the modem after my router failure... and It couldnt connect to Xbox Live, I forget what the exact problem was, but I believe somthing with the DNS server...any help in that area??.. Thanks

Thanks,

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

disconnect all the power cables and leave them out for 15 minutes. Plug in the cable modem but nothing else. Let it sync up. Then reset your router and turn it on. Everything is back to default. Let the router boot up all the way. Then turn your computer on.

Assuming you had teh computer for DHCP and your ISP isn't too crazy, it'll work.

3. dimins

dimins I'll bring the beers ... OT Supporter

there are lots of small things that could be causing you problems. don't do anything with the Xbox until you get your cable modem, router and computer up and running smoothly. Just tackle it one thing at a time.

If the reset doesn't work, post your setup (router IP, whether you're using DHCP, what you get when you type 'ipconfig /all', etc)