Need Help With Xvid..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by grimey01, Aug 10, 2006.

1. grimey01

grimey01 New Member

so i have an Xvid file, using mpg4 or mpeg layer-3 (something like that). i also have divX codecs installed. the problem is when i play the .avi video all i get is a wide, wide screen of nothing but green for 43 seconds.

ive played this video using Media Player Classic and it works perfectly..so i was wondering where i can find the codec that Media Player Classic uses.

i want to convert this file from avi to VCD or SVCD so i can watch it on my dvd player but all the conversion programs ive found have a problem with this. im assuming its because of the codec problem?

does anyone know what i can do :(...please?:wtc:

2. fr00t

fr00t New Member

You need to install the XviD codec. Alternativly, use VLC which will play almost any video you can throw at it without needing to install any codecs.

3. grimey01

grimey01 New Member

thanks but ive tried installing xvid, it didnt help..:(

and playing it is not really a problem since i can use Media Player Classic to play it..

i want a codec or whatever that will allow me to open it using any other player...because if thats possible..then it will be possible to open it with my conversion programs to turn it into a VCD file

4. Deevan

Deevan Active Member

He said VLC, so get VLC.

5. AJP

AJP 7-1 LOL Green Gay OT Supporter

download gspot, and use it to tell what codec is needed.