A&P Need help with what to charge in order to make this worth my time...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by pagina, Apr 16, 2007.

1. pagina

pagina OT Supporter

A local portrait/wedding/school shots studio wants to expand to rec league sports and wants me to shoot for them. The business consists of two guys and has been together since early 90's. Basically, they want me to go take pics of almost every kid on the field during baseball games, then they load them up onto their site, and parents order prints online.

So the job has two main parts. Take the pictures and let people know that I am taking the pictures. Any ideas on how to make sure that the parents put two and two together and advertise that the photos will be available on the website?

I am a college student and this would be a summer/part time job. Ok, so I have a few questions. They are wanting to pay me by the hour, what is the minimum I should consider given the fact that it will be about 2 hrs per day? They also said I would get a percentage of the internet sales and if they went up so would my hourly and percentage rates.

Basically, I'm wondering how I should get paid in order to make sure it's worth my time. My rent will be around $250/month then I have gas, food, and entertainment to take care of. So I am wondering if this is even going to be worth the time that I invest? What should I ask for hourly? What should I look to make off of the internet sales saying that a print would cost around $10? Is this a bad idea?

2. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I wouldn't take any less than 100/hr and maybe 10% of print sales....

3. mojito

mojito New Member

won't happen.

4. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

if it's just two dudes... I'm guessing they wont want to pay you more than 15 an hour.

You said this is part time... do you have another job on top of this or are you doing this for all your income?

5. pagina

pagina OT Supporter

Full time during summer, part time during school.

6. :rofl:

I'd say $50/hour but even that will never happen.

Try for $30/hour x 6 = $360/week if you're working 2 hours every day for 6 days a week. Not bad but I don't see it happening. You'll be lucky to get $20/hour even still that's not bad for you if your rent is under $300 and OMG how'd you get rent soo cheap!!!! :eek3:

7. pagina

pagina OT Supporter

Because it's in bumfuck, GA.