Need Help With Tweaking Power On/Shut Down

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by m0rningbreakfast, Aug 25, 2003.

1. m0rningbreakfast

m0rningbreakfast New Member

Simple problem that needs a simple soltion, only this is I don't know where to begin.

Running a 1.6gh Pentium 4 with 256 RAM and 64 meg Geforce4 video card on Windows XP Professional.

When I first put together the PC, worked like a charm, my only gripe is that even though this is connected to a control center (switch to turn on PC, monitor, Master, printer, etc.) I still have to physically press the button on the PC's tower for the PC to turn on. And when WinXP shuts down the PC shuts off automatically.

I know to fix this is thru the BIOS but what should I be looking for? Any acronyms that I should be looking out for (there's a lot of them for this BIOS and I don't want to mess any of them up) or is this done through WinXP itself?

Thanks for any help in advance.

2. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

Can you just permently wire the power switch closed? :dunno: Just the first thing that came to mind.

3. ChickenH

ChickenH Enita non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

isnt there options in Cmos? seems like there is mines been screwed up since i bought it. and i was looking at all the options somewhere to try to fix it . its got something to turn the power supply on with the modem.
    It wont turn off from the option on the log in restart shut down window if you click "shut down".

4. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Power on boot. Just keep looking in the BIOS, you will stumble upon it.