Need help with sub sound

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scuba, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Scuba

Scuba New Member

I just installed a box w/2 10" subs under my backseat of my truck. Sadly the kicker CVR 10" subs wouldnt fit in so I had to put some old school hifonics in. Bad thing is it doesnt really sound too good. The box fits all the way under my backseat and is about 6" high. What subs would fit in there and sound good with the little air space? Also can these subs I currently have in there run at 8ohms. Can I run them at 2ohms even though I have only one voice coil? If not how can I run it at 4? And is there really a differece in 8g and 16g wire?

2. 04

04 Guest

How much airspace is in the current box?

The only difference between 8awg and 16awg as speaker wire, would be if you had a very low impedence speaker (like 1ohm or less) with long runs of speaker wire.

Im not quite following you regarding the voice coils. Are the kicker's single 4ohm voice coiled drivers? If so, your only two options are to either run a 2ohm or 8ohm mono load; stereo could run at 4ohms per channel.

3. Scuba

Scuba New Member

well my air space is .75 ft for each sub. i just got some audiobahns today and they don't fit neither so im going to have to take them back. their mounting depth was 4 5/8 inches. what is a good sub that has 4in or less mounting deptch and only needs .75 ft of air space? that doesnt need more than 300rms