MMA need help with some escapes

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, May 18, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Yeah I can escape from most positions but Im having trouble getting out of the knee on belly position. The other position im having trouble with is when some one gets a rear naked choke and I get out of it some times we end up with me on top of him but hes still fighting for the choke and he still has his hooks in.

Can some one give me a couple escapes from each of those positions I can work?

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

hard to describe with just words (you should ask your instructor) but here are some escapes that I will try to describe as best as I can.

knee on belly: make sure you don't have any space underneath your armpits otherwise they will hook it and attack your arm. while staying this tight, push his knee off with your far arm and push his ankle with the arm thats closest to it and try to regain half guard (and shrimp out really hard). OR, shove the knee off while shrimping and get a single leg.

3. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

i would be careful pushing his knee off with the far arm.

but yeah.. i know a few escapes, but just difficult to explain online. look for some instructionals on the subject. watching some videos really helps me sometimes

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  4. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Not sure if bit went over this one, but it's the main one I use.

First make sure that your elbows are in tight and put your hands on his hips.

Shrimp.

As he comes in to close the space, bring your top knee (just the knee. do not leave your leg straight or you are asking to get kneebared) in between his calf and hamstring right behind his knee.

Scoot your hips in towards his foot (reverse shrimp) and roll him over you.

5. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

bit, could you be a little more constructive?

6. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I know. Armbars, kimuras, etc.. Keep the elbows tight to the body and control the hips quickly as you shrimp out as opposed to putting the hands on the knees which is begging for trouble.