WEB need help with php for customizing a zen cart template

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nashstradamus, May 4, 2008.

1. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

im working on a zen cart store and im almost completely done with everything. however, i can't get the menu at the top to display correctly. for 2 of the 5 "rollovers" it displays the text from its title in headermenu.php and im not sure where to go to change what it displays. 2 of the 5 display correctly and im not sure why. "HOME' and "MY ACCOUNT" show correctly, but all of the other links display as HEADER_TITLE_NEW_PRODUCTS, etc

if anyone has even a vague understanding of what im saying, send me a pm and ill send you a link to the store so you can see what im talking about. this is probably a retarded question, but i cant figure it out. :hsughno:

From tpl_drop_menu.php

<li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a> <li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_NEW_PRODUCTS; ?></a> <li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ALL); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_ALL_PRODUCTS; ?></a> <li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ADVANCED_SEARCH); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_SEARCH; ?></a> <li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US; ?></a> <li class="submenu"><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>

From headermenu.php

define('HEADER_TITLE_NEW_PRODUCTS','New Products'); define('HEADER_TITLE_ALL_PRODUCTS','All Products'); define('HEADER_TITLE_SPECIALS','Specials'); define('HEADER_TITLE_SEARCH','Search'); define('HEADER_TITLE_CATEGORIES','Categories'); define('HEADER_TITLE_INFORMATION','Information'); define('HEADER_TITLE_SHIPPING_INFO','Shipping Info'); define('HEADER_TITLE_PRIVACY_POLICY','Privacy Policy'); define('HEADER_TITLE_CONDITIONS_OF_USE','Conditions of Use'); define('HEADER_TITLE_ABOUT_US','About Us'); define('HEADER_TITLE_SITE_MAP','Site Map'); define('HEADER_TITLE_GV_FAQ','Gift Certificate FAQ'); define('HEADER_TITLE_DISCOUNT_COUPON','Discount Coupons'); define('HEADER_TITLE_UNSUBSCRIBE','Newsletter Unsubscribe'); define('HEADER_TITLE_CONTACT_US','Contact Us');

2. jdw

jdw New Member

Just so I can read this...

3. jdw

jdw New Member

are HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG and HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT defined in the headermenu.php file?

4. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

didn't read your post, but you didn't close the <li> tags which in the very least is bad form

5. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

this is code that was from a template theme that i downloaded.

6. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

no and i believe i figured it out. my install was missing a folder from the template that i had to manually upload with my ftp. everything seems to work fine now. thanks guys