GUN need help with new gun

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Mar 2, 2005.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I got my shotgun today, Winchester 1300 Defender, and as soon as I took it out of the box I could hear something ratteling around. I took the barrel off and twiested the gun around and a small washer of some sort fell down and out of the mag tube. Does anyone know what it is or where it came from? Is it something I need to get fixed already or am I okay? Nothing seems to be broken or loose on it, but I havn't fired the gun yet. I've already contacted the store I got it from and they know I'll be in tomorrow for them to look at it.

For reference, this is the part compared to a penny.
    http://home.comcast.net/~rlewis311/IMG_0917.jpg

2. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

that would be the washer/nut that holds the swivel stud on the end cap in place. is the swivel stud in place? if so, just unscrew the end cap. becareful since there is a very small ball bearing and spring underneath. they're a bitch to reinstall so i left mine out. if the stud is not on the end, look in the box for it and hopefully it's in there.

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I see what you're talking about, but that is already in place. Is it possible this is just a part that was accidentally placed in the gun?

4. DRM600

DRM600 Guest

perhaps. there is no other place that uses one of those. maybe two were accidently put on there and the extra fell off. i'd keep it just in case.

5. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I'll keep it around for sure, just in case. Being that it isn't in the schematic (thanks TwoGuns), is it worth skipping class tomorrow to go back to the store I got it from? I have a class from 1-215 before I work at 3 and the store is only open Wednesday through Saturday from 10am to 6pm. If I'm not at school during those hours, I'm at work.

7. oakie

oakie my ninja.

if it makes you feel any better, take it back.

people responding on a forum about a gun that isnt theirs will provide you no comfort.

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Actually everyone who has responded has helped a great deal. Knowing what it is, where its from and that it can't be anywhere else has helped a lot. Thanks again for the schematic drawing. I saved that in my favorites for future reference.

9. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Not that you guys aren't knowledgable, but it took until now (1:16AM) for me to come up with the idea of just calling Winchester and asking them what the deal is.