Need help with new diet

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by ooorah2111, Jan 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

I weigh 150lbs and I am trying to gain mass with this diet with the least amount of fat possible. My macros are 320 protein, 240 carbs, 130 fat with 3350 calories. Do these numbers seem pretty good? Fat/carbs/protein too high/low? Here's my diet:
    Meal 1:
    2 scoops ON whey
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup oats
    1 med orange
    2 multi-vit
    1 fish oil

Meal 2: (PWO)
    2 scoops ON Whey
    5g creatine
    1 med orange

Meal 3:
    8oz chicken
    1/2 cup brown rice

Meal 4:
    2 scoops ON whey
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 fish oil

Meal 5:
    1 can of tuna
    3oz shrimp
    1oz. cashews
    1tbsp olive oil

Meal 6:
    1 scoop ON Whey
    1tbsp olive oil
    1/2oz. cashews

Meal 7:
    3 omega 3 eggs
    1 cup brocolli
    2 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 fish oil

2. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Looks good.

Is PWO post workout or pre workout? Either way, you might want some fast carbs in there like dextrose or maltodextrin.

3. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Carbs, yes, no need for those unless he's doing a second bout of exercise with the same muscle in the same day.

4. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

Thanks guys. I created most of the diet using the information on the Nutrition EDU by Andrew_Plamondon. Also, when is it necessary for me to carb cycle? Will it be beneficial for me to do it now while trying to gain mass? Or should I wait until I gain my target weight and then carb cycle to cut down fat.

5. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

What do the macros end up being ?
    I'd be bored with this diet though.

6. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

The macros for this diet are 320 protein, 240 carbs, 130 fat with 3350 calories.

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Sorry, didn't see them in the first post :o
    I'd switch the protein and carb amounts on training days and ditch at least 100 g of carbs on off days. It's the amount in 1-2 hamburger buns which could make a nice PWO meal or a 12 inch subway sub :cool:
    I bet it's a pain in the ass to follow your diet though :o

8. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

is there an easier way to achieve the expected results?

9. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

Switch the carbs and protein? So 320 carbs and 240 protein? Any reason for that? And 220 carbs on off days?

10. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Fuck yes. As I said, I'd be bored and annoyed. I wouldn't go measuring oz and tablespoons everyday and I don't think 7 meals is necessary. But that's not my plan or decision.

11. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I wouldn't worry so much about being this exact unless you were dieting for a contest. About 200-250 g of protein is more than enough at your weight (1g/lb is your goal, going over is fine) and the carbs around the workout are going to help you with the energy, muscle building and so on. The 100g of carbs would be around the workout, but you could cut more on the off days if you wanted to gain (both fat and muscle) at a slower rate.

12. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

I see... what kind of carbs/food do you suggest I eat around my workout times? And do you suggest me to take out some of the ON whey to cut down my protein intake?

13. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You can check my EDU for food choices. Yes, you could take out the whey and prioritize whole food and stick to whey when it's more convenient, like if you're out, not hungry, don't have time and so on.

Your main goals are :
    1) Aim for a certain macro/caloric intake for the day
    2) Mostly get whole food (or at least try to meet your vitamin, mineral, fiber and good fats, with supplements if you have to)
    3) Get a good peri-workout nutrition (as in get lots of cals and carbs there).

I wouldn't really think about what kind of carbs you get around the workout. Some suggest fast carbs such as malto/dextrose, in which case it can be a good time for you to indulge and get food that's not "clean". So you can get packaged/premade food there, it's more convenient and makes you feel normal. I like Subway, sandwiches or low-fat pizzas there (I get whole wheat stuff with plenty of veggies and some lean protein so it's more than fine anyway). I feel better eating this than doing the whey/dextrose shake followed by something like cottage cheese and rice.

14. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

Sweet thanks. I'll try and add 100 more carbs around my workout and cut out a couple scoops of ON whey. So basically, if I want to add more mass, I should increase my carbs and fat, and have a moderate fat level. But after I gain the weight that I desire and want to lean out, I should cut my carbs in half and have the same amount of protein and fat? So around 240protein, 150 carbs, and 115 protein to cut fat?

15. gsxtasyd

gsxtasyd Lift Big........Eat Big........Sleep Big........GE

more carbs, less protein. 2g per kg of bw is fine, especially if you add more carbs you will get a protein sparring effect. If you are 150 you do not need 3+ g of protein

16. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

It would be a good starting point, then when you need to go lower you could cut fat until you get to about 80 g, protein could go down to 200 and carbs could go as low as you can handle it.

17. ooorah2111

ooorah2111 New Member

Awesome man, thanks for all the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.