Need help with my shuttle ..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by snoozeallday, Aug 1, 2007.

1. snoozeallday

snoozeallday OT Supporter

Did I just kill my machine? v. SB83G5
    Okay so I just up'd my fsb to 215, slowly of course. Everything was going fine, and then I alt+tabbed while in game and the computer reset. Thought I would give it some extra voltage.

Went into the bios and the setting was on AUTO. The manual doesnt say how much voltage AUTO actually is.. so I put it on the second setting. They are all preset.

Computer now starts up but does not post. Lights on my mouse dont light up, no signal to my monitor.

i think either there is not enough voltage now going to the CPU to start it up, or I fried it? However i do not think its the latter seeing as how I had it on the second lowest setting.

there is a 'reset cmos' button on the back of my computer, i pressed it while the computer was off and when i restarted it had not changed anything. I am quite sure my bios is exactly the same because my fans are still running at FULL speed, which is not default.

Help? 5$ paypal to the person who fixes this.

[​IMG]

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

you should pull the cmos battery out and let it sit unplugged for 15 minutes.

3. snoozeallday

snoozeallday OT Supporter

It needs to sit out for 15 minutes? Also.. does the PSU need to be unplugged?

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Yes. Unplug the PSU from the wall and from the motherboard, then pull out the CMOS battery. It does not, however, need to be out for more than a minute or so.