Need help with my guitar case

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by =*belladonna*=, Jul 19, 2008.

1. =*belladonna*=

=*belladonna*= All aboard the failboat.

So I got this guitar for Christmas, and it came with a case. The case is cool, but it has fur and for some reason it smells really funky. It's kind of like a musty smell mixed with road kill. :barf: I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I want to know if there's anything I can do, or something I could spray on it without ruining the fur, or damaging the guitar itself?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pics of guitar
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ColdCoffee

ColdCoffee New Member

That's a very nice guitar & guitar case... I would probably spray some febreze on the inside of the case and just let it sit somewhere for a few days... open preferably.
    How long have you been playing?

3. =*belladonna*=

Thanks. Someone recommended I use baking soda...so I'm trying that to see if it works. I haven't been playing for very long...I've been teaching myself, and I've found it hard to know what to practice. I think I'm gonna get some instructional dvds.

4. longfalcon

longfalcon hell is empty and all the devils are here

a hagstrom is nice for a first guitar, and the smell of cases is part of the mystique of guitar playing - each of my guitar cases has a special smell i associate with each guitar :hsugh:

BTW wrong subforum....you can find some help on learning and what not over at Backstage....

5. =*belladonna*=

Really, all of your cases have a smell? Odd...I didn't know they all did. Thanks for the referral...I'll check out the Backstage.

6. slimjim

slimjim New Member

Jamplay.com has some great free beginner video lessons (You have to pay for more advanced stuff). I really liked them because they started at the very beginning, went at a not-too-slow-not-too-fast pace, was filmed nicely, etc.