Need help with my black wrx

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ChrisX22, Jun 12, 2004.

1. ChrisX22

ChrisX22 Guest

I have only had the car about a month, only has close to 2500 miles. It has fine "scratches" all over the hood and I haven't done anything other than wax it a couple times. Any idea where these come from?
    do they come from just regular driving?
    also i had bugs on the front, and i didnt' wash it for maybe almost 2 weeks because I was really busy.
    It seems like now they wont' come off AT ALL. did i wait too long to clean them off or something"?

I am thinking about getting something to try to help the paint, i dunno what.
    should i get the meguiars dacp or whatever? how about vanilla moose wax?
    It sux that my paint is getting messed up this quick.

2. moss

moss Guest

Just to let you know, Subaru paint from the factory SUCKS. After I got into an accident with my Impreza, I just had the shop repaint the whole cause because I hated the paint.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Without seeing your paint, it is hard to say exactly where you should start. Can you post a pic or two?

4. ChrisX22

ChrisX22 Guest

yeah i'll try to get a few pics. It's just hard to see unless at the right angle. Hopefully the camera can pick it up.

Yeah, I've heard that subaru factory paint sucks, too bad it has to be that way. I can tell the paint chips off very easily.

Luckiily i just bought a 2nd daily driver car for work. My WRX will be able to sit in the garage at times of bad weather, hopefully i can keep it looking good.

5. Raiden396

Raiden396 Guest

As Scottwax said, it's hard to determine where to start or what to recommend without seeing the existing condition. :big grin:

6. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

yep i also have a black wrx. im having a hard time getting swirls/straight minor scratches out of the paint by hand. Unless im just doing everything completly wrong, the only way to do it right is with a PC

7. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

I think those of us who visit this part of OT are hyper sensitive to swirls. I look at cars in parking lots and driving around and sometimes all I see are swirls. Most people don't even notice them. I guess I'm trying to say don't be too hard on yourself. Very few cars look like the cars Scottwax details. :)

8. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

There's no reason why you can't remove the swirls yourself. Why settle for something sub-par?

9. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

Oh I definitely think he should try, but he shouldn't feel bad if it doesn't turn out like this:

[​IMG]

10. Raiden396

Raiden396 Guest

In a nutshell, swirl removal is not an exact science. If it were, there would only be one polish that could conquer all types of swirl marks. However, there are a dizzying array of polishes on the market for the purpose of removing scratches and/or swirls. A lot of the results that Scottwax or I get are from a combination of products and a lot of paint preparation.

As the poster above said, not everyone is going to get the same results on the first try but it doesn't mean that you can't.

11. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Why not? There's no reason he couldn't get those kind of results.