GUN Need help with my 1911. (wilson combat question)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sebeck, May 4, 2006.

1. sebeck

sebeck New Member

Some of you may remember my thread about transporting a 1911 from FL to VA via plane. My dad built this gun many years ago and i finally have it here at home in VA. I had an armorer strip it all the way down, clean it in an ultrasonic cleaning tank and re-assemble it. They found a generic pin holding the hammer in but that was it. Fairly good condition for a "shooter" 1911.

I put 50 rounds through it yesterday and on the 50th round it malfunctioned. It did not fire. I held the weapon down range for a few seconds then ejected the round. After that I dry fired it a few times and the hammer was not going down all the way. Also when i would pull the trigger (dry firing), nothing would happen the first time then on the second pull it would drop the hammer but only 75%.

So, i want to order a stainless pin set and a new trigger from wilson combat. Maybe a new hammer too. The problem is I dont understand what they mean by "Fits: A thru O Pkg." for the pin set and "Fits: A thru I Pkg" for the trigger. Are they referring to the frame serial number or is this a wilson combat only thing?

Here are some pics of the new to me .45 It has an Ithaca slide, Crown City Arms frame and Pachmayr grips. Most of it has been blued but shows alot of wear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

nice lookin' gun, but i know nothiing about 1911's :hs:

3. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

Could that be why it had a generic pin holding the hammer in place? It would be common sense that there was a reason the pin was there and you are finding out the reason why now. Time for it to go back to the smith so they can see it as it is now.

4. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

5. sebeck

sebeck New Member

6. 2L Bunny

2L Bunny "It's only a Rabbit"

Sounds like a hammer/sear issue to me. I'd prob put the parts I wanted into it, then drop it off for a trigger job with a smith. And let them get all the dimensions correct.

7. sebeck

sebeck New Member

I'm gonna give it to my armorer friend on tuesday and let him have a look. He said he probably has the parts to fix it and told me to hold off on buying anything. :)