COMIC Need help with IRC and Anime!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Maverick, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Maverick

Maverick Guest

I really really need a guide for getting anime off IRC. I use bit torrent alot but I want to move to irc to get releases faster. Can anyone help me out?!?

2. naruto

naruto Tard

well...

the server I go to for anime is mirc-x.... yeah. Ill assume that you know how to connect.

A good channel with plenty of anime is #anbudom, the guys who do the naruto translations. Yeah.

So do enter a fserv, first type !list and a giant list of servers will come up. You type the trigger that corresponds to the server you want to connect to.

Once your in you navigate the server a lot like DOS. dir, cd, and get are the only three commands you will really need to know know though. Its pretty straight forward... yeah.

Post here again if you have any questions.

Oh, my Fserv trigger is !Naruto with a side of coffee in #anbudom. PM me and tell me your from OT and i suppose ill bump your queues or something... haha.

ok toodles.

3. Maverick

Maverick Guest

what is the url thingy for mirc-x? /server irc.m-ircx.com ? Why do some servers say you must never use @find when it's the best way to search?!?

4. naruto

naruto Tard

irc.mircx.com is the server

about @find.... i have no idea. But using @find in #gotwoot is fine.

5. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

I'm kinda new to IRC also. Are there other ways to search for files, other than @find?

*edit* And other than sites like ircspy and packetnews, since those don't seem to find what I'm looking for even though I know it's out there.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2003
  6. kza

kza Guest

All you do is do a !list and copy and paste the trigger, nowadays, they usually start with "/ctcp username ...." that way, the trigger doesn't display in the channel. About using @find, some fserve doesn't enable @find so it doesn't show you that the fserve has what you are looking for. The best way is to manually go through every fserve, and besides, you can queue up stuff that you aren't even looking for because something might sound interesting or you just forgot you need to get more of these eps like how I always forget what shows that I need more of.

7. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

Ok, so there's no way other than using !list ?

Dang, that's a LOT of reading/connecting/hunting on some of those channels. Oh well. Thanks!