Need help with creating Home System, need advice...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by newport, Jul 23, 2004.

1. newport

newport New Member

I am looking to create a home theater system. I am really intersted in the Sony 50" Grand Wega LCD Rear Projection TV, KF50WE610. What do you guys think about this.

Also I am looking at spending around $1,000 on the receiver and speakers. Does anyone have an suggestions? Speaker wise I am looking at one of the JBL sets, probably the JBL SCS160SI 6.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System. For the receiver I am thinking about around 85-90 watts per channel, and atleast a 6.1 system. I need advice regarding optical in/outs, how many do I really need?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.:eek3:

2. DaddyThirdLeg

DaddyThirdLeg SMASH puny humans

i would stay away from those tiny speakers, all your bass will be coming from the sub, kinda fucks up the soundstaging

3. ixlr8

ixlr8 New Member

Take a look at the Panasonic 50" RP LCD. I like it alot better than the sony.

4. newport

newport New Member

Regarding the speakers, if not the JBL's then what brand considering I don't want to spend more than $500. Also, about the TV, I have heard good things about the Panasonic 50" as well as the Sony 50", not sure which way to go with that.

5. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

6. Seadee456

Seadee456 New Member

As far as recievers go, i have a Pioneer VSX D912, I think it is one of the best recievers for the buck. I have it connected to Klipsh speakers(the RF35 package) which are nice but prob a lil out of your price range.

7. DaddyThirdLeg

DaddyThirdLeg SMASH puny humans

I think you would be better of shopping around for some deals and picking up the speakers and sub seperately