Need help with BT and Linksys router

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NickStam, Oct 6, 2004.

1. NickStam

NickStam Buy Low, Sell High

I reformatted my computer, and now I can't get a green light on BT when downloading. I have ports 6881 - 6999 fowarded in my linksys router, but it still stays yellow. It worked fine before I reformatted. I have win xp pro, and the firewall is turned off.

2. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

I'm having the same problem, but with my D-Link router. Ports forwarded and firewall is on (never had a problem before).

3. SL1200MK4

SL1200MK4 New Member

What kinda client are you guys using? Maybe the newer version of the client changed the default port? Also some of them

E.g. BitTornado used to use 6881 (the default) and increment the port number by 1 when it failed to bind to 6881 or higher.

The newer BitTornado uses a different range of port, also it will randomnize the selection of port.

So, first thing is check the port range. Also if you are gonna use the randomrize option, make sure all ports in the specified range is fowarded on the router...

Good luck...

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Depending on where you d/l from, certain trackers have those ports blacklisted. I know Azureus only uses one port. But I imagine you are ok, if it is downloading.

According to Azureus, a yellow icon means that you may have a NAT problem.

5. Blazed Monkey

Blazed Monkey It puts the lotion on its skin....

using the latest ABC client, downloading from Suprnova