Need help with breaking my Aiwa shelf stereo system accidently ;)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Guest, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a Aiwa Shelf Stereo system that I had bought from Circuit City a couple years ago with the service plan. I want to take advantage of this plan buy breaking my Aiwa and receiving the credit to buy a more modern system(I know you've done this, lol). Circuit City has to service it three times before actually reimbursing your credit so what I want to know is how can I break my stereo without making it look like I did it and making it look like it was just an electrical problem?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Good idea. My only concern with that is would the service plan be no good if I screw off the casing myself. I've heard they can tell if you've tampered with it. And yes, it is the 3-disc changer.

3. fusion210

fusion210 New Member

WTF is this, Seinfeld?
    Don't you people have ethics? Sheesh.

BTW this might ;) work. Open her up, and mess around with the adjustable capacitors then plug it it. That might ;) cause smoke though.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

LOL! Ethics, schmethics.....I just want to take advantage of the service plan that I paid for. Thanks for the good suggestions. I really want to open it up myself but I'm afraid that they have a way of finding out that it's been opened. Keep the ideas coming though :)

5. fusion210

fusion210 New Member

I really don't know how you can mess it up w/o opening her up. Try plugging the speaker outputs on the amplifier for it into the wall, plug it into a 220v source (if you work in a factory), other than than I don't know what would really screw it up.

6. APMD

APMD New Member

try getting it wet....then let it dry maybe fry something on the inside....

you didnt open it up, so how could they know? so pour something in the cassette opening or the cd tray...

or you could try frying the internal amplifier somehow. by shorting the the inputs with a high voltage or something....i am sure you can figure something out.

good luck

7. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

yea, do the speaker thing. Run regular lamp cord from the speaker outs to a wall socket. It will fry the things. Be prepared for a loud noise and some smoke thought.

8. CHERRY3M

CHERRY3M "What the fuck" gives you freedom. Freedom brings

Let's see, you purchased the service plan to repair the system if it breaks. It didn't break, so you feel like you didn't get your money's worth?

You bought a service plan, not a 'guaranteed trade in' plan. It's gimps like you that make it difficult to get legit waranty service when needed.

I hope you break the thing and get screwed out of the service plan.

Here's an idea, instead of spending all this time trying to find a way to break it, go out and get a job to buy a new one. That's what keeps America rolling.

Mark