need help with bootcamp!!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wabash9000, Sep 25, 2007.

1. wabash9000

wabash9000 Active Member

I need a windows system for a class so that I can run visual studio. I had an Ibook so I went out and bought a macbook so that I could run boot camp. I have run it on a friends computer before so I thought it would be easy this time arround. I have a disk of drivers burnt and I have partitioned the drive into the 2 sections set 20gb's for windows. After I click install windows it restarts the computer and brings up the screen where it asks you what partition to install on. I select the 20 gb one and hit enter I tell it to be fat32 so that windows and osx can read and write to it. Then after it formats the drive it installs the intital startup files and restarts. after the restart the xp install screen pops up and looks like normall except it just sit at the first screen doing nothing except reading from the disk every 10 seconds for the did you know bullshit...

Am I doing something wrong??? I really need to get xp working on my macbook. Any help would be greatly apprishiated.

2. nehmia

nehmia New Member

boot OSX, delete windows partition, start over from scratch.

also, your version of windows, does it have SP2 already on it? that might be it.

3. wabash9000

wabash9000 Active Member

I have started over several times and used several copies of windows. The one I want to install is a sp2, but I have also tried sp1, with no service packs, vista busniness 32bit, and vista rc1 and non of them work. I have the latest version of boot camp and all drivers and firmwares are fully updated.

4. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

5. Twitter

Twitter New Member

man i did it backward, installed parallels first :Owned:

6. wabash9000

wabash9000 Active Member

well I finnally got it to work. I had to reburn my xp disk as a xplite disk and add unattended install to get it to work.

now to install all my windows shit on there.