Need help with bios

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Little Spunky $#!T, May 24, 2004.

1. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

A Gateway Essentials computer only has USB ports, no PS/2 for Keyboard or mouse.
    The Bios has been reset so when I turn on the computer on it gives the message and asks to press F9 to continue or F1 to to setup. But the Keys do not work.

I know there should be a setting in the bios to tell it to recognize USB keyboards but I can't get intot he bois to set this.

I have a PS/2 keyboard that I can use but the computer does not have PS/2 ports, only USB.

Any ideas on how to get this computer working again?

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I have never heard of or seen a computer that didn't have at least one PS/2 port. Are you sure? Why was the bios reset in the first place?

3. Little Spunky $#!T

Yes I am positive there are no PS/2 ports, only USB. I reset the CMOS jumper thinking maybe this would help, and the keyboard would be recognized and functional, but I was wrong. So now since the CMOS is reset when it boots up it tells me to press F9 to restore the default settings for F1 to run setup manually. Well I can't do either because the keyboard does not work at all, its recognized, but just doesn't work.

Does anyone know of a PS/2 PCI card I can get, so I can plug in a PS/2 mouse and keybard? I've looked on newegg for a card, but haven't had any luck finding one.

4. Mark

Mark Diesel Junkie

yea, this is why i dont buy gateway

5. Little Spunky $#!T

Exactly.

I guess I should of added this isn't mine :sad2: -- I'm just working on it for a lady. :naughty:

6. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

Call Gateway? It sounds like your fucked - you'd think that a CMOS reset would reset to default settings (with USB support).

I'd just give them a call up and give them a peice of your mind :)

7. Little Spunky $#!T

Ya I already did that. And I guess this lady's computer's warranty is expired and they no longer offer free tech support when thats expired :mad: