Need help with AT&T network (unlocked Nokia)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RyeLou, Nov 21, 2008.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I just got my E51 but I'm having a few issues and obviously AT&T was no help because of what phone it is. When I try to access the instant messaging it says I need "Server name", "Access point in use" and "Web address" and I have no idea what to put.

I'm also trying to figure out Last.fm, but that's another issue.

Short of having the headphones plugged in, is there any way to get the radio (and I assume Last.fm) to play through the speakers? If the headphones are the antenna would assume there may be something you could just plug in for reception but would play through the phone speakers?

2. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Also, when trying to set up email notification and push style retrieval, it just keeps saying I need to define an access point. I technically have 4 in there. The 3 AT&T ones and the router from my house. Still says I need to define one..?

3. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Updating my own post for myself..

Last.fm is working now. My guess was I was trying to use it a little too soon after getting the phone activiated. And it also plays through the speaker (with decent quality at that) without headphones.

Still can't figure out the instant messanger, but I haven't put much effort into it today.

4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Still no luck with IM.

I now have Handy Weather, Opera Mini, Mobbler/Last.fm, GMail mobile, and Google maps loaded. Handy Weather is just the trial version for now but I'm pretty happy with it. I might pony up $20 for it.

5. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Gave up on that IM and went with fring. I'll hardly use it, but might once in a while.