Need help with application connection issue (router related)

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TekDragon, May 17, 2005.

1. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

I have an application (P2P Client) I am trying to use, but I cannot connect. I have disabled Norton's firewall and I do not use Win XP's firewall.

I have a Router (Linksys BEFW11S4) and I think this might be the problem. I know how to connect to my Routers web based utility and I know a VERY little bit about Port Forwarding and Port Triggering.

If it is easier to talk on AIM, I can be reached at SN TekGriffon.

Thanks.

2. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

BTW: I'm kind of desperate to get this working. Wedding in 4 days and I need to find a wedding song. Any help is greatly appreciated!

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

4. TekDragon

TekDragon Guest

Yeah, i'm going to go through all that work to get one stupid wedding song that I just want to see if it sounds ok so I can tell our DJ to use it. :ugh:

If you are completely ignorant on how to configure a router, just admit it to yourself and stay out of a help needed thread. Thanks.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

um, $0.99 is too much to stay LEGAL.... and do so easily?

Sonny, I have configured networks more expensive than your home.. Have fun with the fbi, tho. :mamoru:

6. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Oh right, all P2P is used for is piracy. Shit, I guess we should just arrest anyone who downloads a bittorrent client then.

7. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

I have a Linksys router as well and I've never had trouble with P2P applications. Haven't even opened up any ports for it :dunno:

8. waldo98

waldo98 OT Supporter

Bypass the router to make sure there is nothing wrong with the connection itself. From there, go into your router and check the settings. Even if you don't use port forwarding, you should still be able to get a connection on your program.

9. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

with that router you should be able to just type in its internal ip and enter an admin pass (try no user and admin) to get to its config. you should be ablke to figure out the settings for whart you are doing from there. one piece of advice though: make sure you enable the UPnP services in the password section of its firmware....