Need help with an @ home workout

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Common, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Common

Common New Member

I enjoyed the kind of indirect workout that I got from the job that I had over the summer, but now that school's started I'd like to find a way to at the least keep the muscle mass that I gained with me. I did alot of digging, lifting, shoveling, etc which really strengthened my core, arms, shoulders, and back. The problem is that gym routines become, well, routine after so long, so I'd like to get a workout done at home.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could take some time and give me a little guidance in the right direction. All I've got are two 25lb freeweights, but i'm willing to spend a little bit to get whatever else I might need, like a pull-up bar or something. Space is somewhat of an issue...I wont buy anything like a bench or a giant metal box with pulley's everywhere.

- I'm 6'2" ~180lbs
    - My diet isnt great, but its definately not shitty. I have pretty high metabolism.
    - I play basketball usually ever day, so I dont have to worry about cardio or a lower body workout really.

I'm pretty in the dark about where to go from here :dunno: ...I'm not looking to get broly or anything like that, I'd just like to keep my body strong and healthy, hopefully without breaking the bank or leaving my house :x:

Please give me some advice OT!

2. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

naw you really do need lower body.

work on a routine at the gym who cares if its routine at gym? its gonna be routine at home.

3. Common

Common New Member

I like being able to do it right when I feel like working out. I can listen to my own music, don't have to wait for others to finish machines, etc. I guess I'd go to the gym if my workouts got to the point where I actually needed to use those machines, but I want to do it in my own home for now.

4. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

Power rack, bench barbells ;)

5. khari

khari Guest

You don't need machines. You need a squat rack, a bench and an olympic barbell set. Either buy them or hit the gym.

And work your damn legs. Guess what, Basketball players, football player... Any athlete you can name all work legs. Most of them as often as upper body, some more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.