need help with a system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by chaggot, Jul 22, 2003.

1. chaggot

chaggot New Member

im planning on putting a system into my 2000 celica whenever i can get the money put together for it. i have a friend that is like the head car audio guy up at circuit city and he was helping me put it all together. i want to have a CD/MP3 player with some good bass and good sound quality.

he suggested for the head unit that i get the Alpine 9807. i looked at it and it seems to be a good deal. its got everything i was looking for and its not too expensive.

for the sub he said i should get a 12" Alpine Type R.

as for the amp we didnt really have time to look around at em, but i want about 600-800 watts.

does this sound like a decent system? any help is appreciated.

2. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

There is alot better out there than what he can offer you from CC for the money. The Alpine would be a good choice from CC, but I'd go elsewhere for sub/amp.

3. chaggot

chaggot New Member

im not limiting myself to getting it from circuit city he just recommended me to some of their products.

what other subs/amps would you recommend?

4. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I know I will catch crap for this, but JL makes great subs, and if you do go for the type R sub, you don't need that much RMS power for it. Get a good class D amp for your sub(s). I just ordered an alpine CDA-9807 yesterday, I can't wait to get it put in.