Need help with a new hair cut

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RyeLou, Apr 5, 2009.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I've more or less had the same hair cut for forever. I like low maintenance, so I never really did much with it. I used to put it up (and I'll attach pictures of everything) but I haven't done that in years. My issue is I've now got a noticeably receding hair line and I don't know what style of hair cut will work for me? It's not terrible, but it's there. I'm open to big change if the consensus is that it will help.

I will attach pictures to show everyone, and I'll take new ones if requested.

Now forgive what I look like in this one (I was taking a picture for a friend) but you can see the hair line:
    [​IMG]

My hair is very simple and plain. It's perfectly straight. I wash it, towel dry it and I'm on my way. Usually looks like this, but the hair line is a little further back (this pic is a few years old) It was windy on the lake, just realized that.
    [​IMG]

The first pic is the most recent. I thought I had pictures on this computer of when I used to wear it up, but I don't. I'll post one in a bit from the other computer. I'd keep it short in length and use a little bit of gel or whatever and put it up. My personal style goes with the same comfortable theme. I don't dress up too often, I work in a garage (for the time being anyhow) and I usually have a thin beard.

Also, I read some of the stickied threads up top and didn't see anything saying I couldn't do this. If I broke any rules go easy :x:

2. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

This picture is from probably '04, but you get the idea. It's the only other hair style I've ever had. And in looking at it maybe I just naturally have a shitty hair line but I'm becoming more self conscious about it..?

[​IMG]

3. paranoidandroid

paranoidandroid New Member

your sex is on fire.

4. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

That was my initial thought too. But I want it on fire-er :hsugh::mamoru:

5. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

idk as far as a haircut, but i would recommend using nioxin shampoos and taking biotin vitamins to combat the hair loss. they rly make a difference :)

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

If genetics has anything to do with it, this will be the extend of my hair loss. My dad and grandpa both have the same hairline and they're 49 and 73. My family gets a slightly receded hairline then the gray hair starts coming through.

7. Scream_Phoenix

Scream_Phoenix Handsome Boy Model

just cut it closer. i dont think the hairline looks bad, its just the pointy cone you have it shaped into at the front of your head :o

[​IMG]

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

The "pointy cone" thing is there from the wind in the one picture. The others I don't think really have it, do they :dunno:

I like my hair shorter like in the picture you posted. I need to get my hair cut soon anyhow. Maybe I'll do that and post pic's of what it normally looks like and go from there.

9. Scream_Phoenix

no i meant in the first pic, but i missed the part that you dont usually style it like that.

10. rAERRKLR

rAERRKLR New Member

Isn't it your mothers side that dictates that?

11. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Oh, yeah. That was with just water screwing around. I just wear it down. I used to wear it up similar like that, but not when it's this long.

12. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I think that depends on dominant/recessive genes, wouldn't it? I'll have to pay attention to my Dads hairline this weekend, haha. I never met my Grandpa on my Moms side.

13. Scream_Phoenix

ive heard its the men on the mothers side that determines baldness, but i dont know if receding hairlines is different