Need Help Windows 7

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by gorkhostler, Mar 3, 2010.

1. gorkhostler

gorkhostler New Member

How do I keep my computer from shutting down after being idle for so long???? I would like to have it to where it stays on unless I shut it down. Thanks in advance.

2. Graham

Graham OT Supporter

in xp that's in the power settings in screen saver

not sure about 7 though

3. cbanta

cbanta New Member

I don't have windows 7 but its probably in your power options setting

How to create a power plan
    To create a power plan, follow these steps:
    Click Start , type Power Options in the Start Search box, and then click Power Options in the Programs list.
    On the Select a power plan page, click Create a power plan in the task pane.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
    On the Create a power plan page, select the plan that is closest to the type of plan that you want to create. For example, if you want the plan to conserve energy, select the Power saver plan.
    In the Plan name box, type a name for the plan, and then click Next.
    In Change settings, select the display settings and the sleep settings that you want the computer to use when it is running on battery power and when it is plugged in, and then click Create.

If you are using a mobile PC, your plan appears under Plans on the battery meter. If you are using a desktop computer, your plan appears under Preferred plans.
    Note The plan that you created automatically becomes the active plan. To put a different plan into effect, select that plan on the Power Options page.

Link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935799

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  4. gorkhostler

gorkhostler New Member

Done, thank you