Need help w/ WindowsMediaPlayer!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 2fastcivic, Jul 19, 2004.

1. 2fastcivic

2fastcivic Guest

I dont post on here much but i know someone has to have an answer for this on here. my windowsmediaplayer is acting up. it was working just fine last week but now i cant view videos that are mpg on WMV. I can only view video clips that are formated in WMV on my windows media player. its the updated version so i dont really know whats wrong. can anyone hlep me out??

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

try installing the DivX codec and/or opening the file in Quicktime Player.

3. 2fastcivic

2fastcivic Guest

i dont have quicktime player and dont want to get it. i would rather just use the WMV player. i like that better. wheere can i download the DIVx??? any other solution. oh and whenever i try to watch a mpg video, i can only view it once. after that i cannot view anymore mpg vids. i wont work. wierd huh?

4. maczter

5. 2fastcivic

2fastcivic Guest

thanks for the hlep man. i will try and install the divx. oh and do you know why the mpg only lets me use it once. do you know what im trying to say? i know it sounds kind of confusing.

6. 2fastcivic

2fastcivic Guest

i installed it and it sstill does not work. i dont know whats going on here.

7. maczter

Strange. You got me on that one. QuickTime Player should play it without a problem though.

8. 2fastcivic

2fastcivic Guest

what do you use? what windows you have? i have XP. it was working fine last week. i went to my parents house for the weekend, came bakc, and it doesn work anymore. damn. anymore suggestions?? everytime i try to view a mpg video, it always opens up another window w/ a blank screen, then it stalls alittle (while its downloading), and then it pops up on the screen. the mpg doesnt even use a type of media player to view it. what do you think?

9. maczter

Does it do this with every MPG file?

10. maczter

...and, yes. I use XP on my PC's also.