Need help w/ towels

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by lsondubz, Jan 7, 2004.

1. lsondubz

lsondubz Guest

I hate washing my own car for the simple fact of having to dry it, takes forever, always leaves water spots, etc., so I wind up paying to have it detailed every weekend. This gets costly and I'd like to get back to washing my own car.

When the guy details my car he uses 1 towel to dry the whole car, and theres never any waterspots, i always wind up using about 5 towels. What kind of towel is this? Can I get it at my local discount auto?

Thanks

2. GSRstilez

GSRstilez New Member

I have been using a towel called... Waffle Weave Microfiber. Works great. It gets my car dry just with that. I then go over my door sills with a 100% Cotton Terry Towel. This combo works great. Drying my car with 2 towels :big grin:. My advice to you would be...check out:

www.pakshak.com (where I got mine)

and order one of their kits. Then check out the sticky's on this forum for good advice on detailing.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Definitely get a waffle weave mf towel. I use them too.

Another thing you can do is once you rinse off the car, take the nozzle off, turn the pressure down a bit, and starting at the top, slowly run water out of the end of the hose over the whole car. Most of the water will sheet off the car, making drying a lot easier.