NEED HELP! w/ the inst of my video card

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Perkwunos, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

Need help fast...(keep in mind i suck with computers, and dont really know wtf i am talking about so if i say something wrong or if u have a queston ask me)

I just bought a ati radeon 9600 se and I have a nvidia video card atm before i put in this card it says i need to Download a AGP driver but there is no place to download one on the site for nvidia... So how do i get this AGP thing i tried doing it without it and i got a black screen....:ugh:

2. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Wait, your installing a ATI video card but you want to download AGP drivers off Nvidias site?! If the video card your currently using is already installed in a AGP slot, all you need to do is install drivers for the ATI card. I would uninstall the Nvidia drivers first though

3. MacAlert

Forgot to mention, you need to download VIDEO CARD drivers off ATI's site.

4. Perkwunos

ok the one that is currently in is not agp but ill look at the ati site but in the at instructions it says to look at the nvidia spot

5. Perkwunos

(I suck with computers and know nothing about them but here goes nothing) I have tried all day to do this and need some major help. I have an Nvidia video card built in to my computer. i just bought a radeon 9600se.(it is AGP). To install it says i must first install an agp driver from the the motherboards chipset or whatever i dunno neways it has a list of site but not for for nvidia..... so i went to the nvidia main site but they do not offer an agp download. I skiped this section thinking sense i cant find one then mabe it will work neways so i unistalled old graphic card software. And then installed the radeon card but i keep getting a black screen(with both video cards). SO i took it out and the old card worked again so now im stuck what can i possibly do to get the new card to work please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hsugh:

6. MacAlert

Ahh, I get you now..... The do you still have the CD that came with your motherboard? I think the AGP driver should be already installed. Try popping in the new video card and installing the drivers that came with the card, if that doesn't work, post what motherboard you have here. I am sure someone will be able to help you.

7. Perkwunos

well, the computer came prebuilt from e-machines, so i do not have the CD for the motherboard, and i dont know what motherboard it has. It is an nvidia and iyt has the builtin video card. if someone can tell em how to identify the motherboard, i wiill.

8. MacAlert

If you never formatted before and are still using the original settings, you don't have to install anything. Try what I suggested and see what happens.